1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS, Huge, Gorgeous Turkish Walnut blank, SPF

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Jerry944t, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is a huge, spectacular, fully dried Turkish Walnut blank. It was for a project I'll never do so it's up for grabs. It was aged 10 years when I bought it and I've had it for 5 so it's ready for use.

Pictures were shot on a dreary day so you can't see how this wood shimmers and the great contrast in the burls.

This blank is 20" long, 2 3/4" thick at it's thinest and 3" over most of the blank. It is 8" high in the back and 5 1/4" in the front. Perfect for that "twisted sister" stock or about anything you can think of.

It has an amazing amount of wild contrast and colors, ranging from honey to dark walnut. Pictures were taken with a coat of Tru-oil placed. A very lively blank.

$750 takes it and I'll ship to the lower 48. Any question please use the PM feature of this site or my email which is xxJerry944tatComcast.net. Drop the obvious mistakes in the email address.

jerry944t_2008_03031.jpg

jerry944t_2008_03032.jpg

2. gus in philly ata57

gus in philly ata57 TS Member

0   0   0

Jerry your photographic skills are so so. I have seen this wood and it is great looking. Your photo doesn't do it justice. Nice price to boot.

Mike Guscott

3. Jerry944t

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Well they were just some quick pictures I took with my phone when there was a break between the rain drops.

Hopefully the sun will come out eventually and I can can take some better photos.

This weather is the worst. I'm beinning to mildew.

4. dewman

dewman Member

0   0   0

hi jerry, i e-m ed you --it bounced -- please call 817-247-5555 --i am interestwd

5. Jerry944t

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For those that have emailed me and failed here is my email.

xxxJerry944t@comcast.net. There are no x's in the actual address so start from the "j" and you'll be fine.

Edit

This blank has been sold pending funds. If for some reason the first buyer fails then I will repost or put you on the first to call list.
    thanks everyone for their interest.

6. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Stunning wood.

You aren't charging enough.

Pete

7. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

pretty cool !!!!!!

8. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

In the 2nd picture of the big piece, there appears to be a man or apes face in the area of where the grip would be. Anybody notice that?

9. loanman

loanman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Hitapair, I want some of what you are smoking

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

i see it. look to the left and you'll see a row of little skull eye sockets facing you

11. johnjohn91387

johnjohn91387 TS Member

0   0   0

You should say it's a representation of Jesus' face in the wood, and charge admission. probably make $750 in about 15 minutes.....

12. Jerry944t

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You wouldn't believe what I see in the top picture :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.