1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS ## Gun Stock Wood.. Consignment##

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

some nice lumber there Jerry....

2. John Stefanowicz

John Stefanowicz TS Member

Presume it/they are American Black Walnut? John

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jerry a couple of fine points

1. These arent stocks

2. These blanks are all one sided- meaning when turn them into a stock and spend all that money- someone is going to be mad at you

3. Saying you were "told" doesnt mean anything- you are the one retailing them

4. My guess is there isnt a blank here worth more than 200 dollars

5. I hope the guy that purchased that 700 dollar one sided blank realizes he could have gotten a real blank from someone else

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jerry your first post under the thread- "You can now purchase these stocks seperately"

You called them a stock and not me

Number 5 - look at the grip area on the first side- right where the tang goes the wood is layed out exactly the wrong way -- I am sure you pointed that out to him/her before they purchased it

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Gene, It looks like English to me. And, as for the wrist in number 5. I see what you are talking about on the right side. But, if the stock is laid out with the wrist at the bottom of the piece and not the top, it might be fine. I would want to look at the sides and see how the grain runs in the middle.
    As for the price, it is what it is. Jake

6. fri

fri Member

Gene, Hello I am the person who purchased blank number five. The one you said was one sided. The only thing onesided is ability to write ( and I am sure speak) with any understanding or intelligence of the topic at hand. In this case you have shown what an ASS you truly are. I have seen your posts and your items for sale here and elsewhere. It is obvious that you have developed the character of a man who grew up in an forgotten corner of Iowa,lonely on your farm enjoying your sheep and cattel. I felt compelled after reading your post to let you know what a FOOL you make yourself out to be. Anyway, there is nothing that says you can't be yourself. You offer up a view of life that makes us all glad we are different.

P.S. I don't know why I care so much. But one last heads up because I know you don't get it. You are one of those people that get dumber the more they say.

If anyone else would care to offer Gene some observations for his personal betterment please feel free to do so.

Fritz Dornan

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Will the real Fritz Dornan please stand up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.