1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS/GA: BT99 - RP Date Code 32 and 34 barrels

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Buetang, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buetang

Buetang TS Member

0   0   0

SPF to: topline

Asking 1250.00$ Shipped to lower 48.
    Or, Best reasonable offer accepted + actual shipping cost(s)

BT99
    x1 34" barrel
    x1 32" barrel
    x1 Leather Case (total period correct) looks straight out of an Indiana Jones movie

I recently acquired this BT99 from a friend, who had an Uncle pass away. It was the Uncle's Browning. The date code (if I'm reading correctly) makes it a 1978 model year. The adjustable comb does not appear to be factory. But was 'done right' Bore is bright and shiny (both barrels). Gun locks up nice. This is also the model w/the adjustable trigger. Can be set to fire on release v/s pull.

There are some small digs and scratches on the gun, nothing through the finish or 'vivid' to show in photos properly. This gun has been well loved, but does have some miles on it accordingly. Some blue wear on the bottom of receiver and lever.

It is my understanding that this gentleman was an avid trap shooter and had multiple guns. This is a fine example of an older firearm. Will need a new recoil pad. This one has some dryness and cracking forming. He did not shoot in his later years, so it has been in a safe for quite a while.

I did fire 5 rounds out of it today to function test. Trigger pull is clean and crisp, ejectors are fully operational.

If you have any more specific questions, or request for pictures. Do not hesitate to email me. This type of firearm is admittedly not my forte'.

I fully intended on keeping this for myself, however. I'm having my first Child on Thursday, and the Wife and I discussed that the cash for this would be a better thing to have currently.

Thank you for your time.
    I do not have much to go on in this forum reputation wise, but I have great feedback on AR15.com and gunbroker.com under the same user name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buetang

Buetang TS Member

0   0   0

Quick Note - Will be @ the hospital from the 7th - 9th, if I'm slow to respond to PM's.. I apologize, but will respond ASAP. Thanks for the interest so far.

3. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What is the choke on each barrel?

4. Buetang

Buetang TS Member

0   0   0

1978 date code, barrels are both full (one may be extra full, not sure what the dash means next to the *)

Uncertain on the stock.

Gun is currently SPF to topline via time stamp of his PM & offer.

Will update accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.