1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Franchi Model 530 very, very nice

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by SC trapshooter, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Selling for a friend a very, very (read mint) Franchi model 530, blue and wood both excellent. Including the wood case with an extra choke tube, wrench and clip on shell catcher. $530.00 shipped to your FFL holder ex. Calif. fabe7445@bellsouth.net
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Please excuse but I have to comment. I would hate to see someone buy this without relaying my experience with the Franchi.

I had one of these with a fixed choke. At the time, about 1975, they were about twice the price of an 1100. Very low recoil. I averaged 98.6 on 2600 ATA singles targets with this gun. But BEWARE:

These guns will break more bolt follower closing forks than you could ever hope to find. Franchi dropped this model after a very short production run. When I had mine a fork would last no more than 600 shells and sometimes less than 100. Franchi admitted to the defect and sent me forks six at a time just so I could keep the gun running until they found a fix. They never did, just dropped the model. My gunsmith at the time (Red Hill) welded up a fork using the front half of a Franchi fork and the back half of a Super X-1. Seemed to work well but I sold the gun cheap rather than worry about failure. Had this gun proved reliable with parts availability I would still be shooting it today. There are a limited number of parts available from the Co. that bought out the surplus parts but most of what you may need is not available. Marc

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

We had a couple of these. No problem with the forks, maybe because they were later (choke tube) models?

But the action bars kept breaking. Dale has both guns now but they are out of service. I would buy one back if I could make it run. Very much a target crusher and easy to shoot.

HM

4. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

sent pm

5. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

6. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member