1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Extremely Nice 1100 Skeet-T

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr. Flinch, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Shown here for sale is my Remington 1100 Skeet-T. This fine shotgun is only slightly used and shows no wear at all. Please note the internals were removed and stored for preservation and the buttstock was removed and sold. The forend is made from microscopic chips that were gathered from a 1/2 mile radius surrounding our gun club and from my father's hand (surgically removed with expert precision). The receiver is ventilated for cooler operation and the barrel is made from the finest "twist" steel. Bluing is perfect. I will take $2500.00 shipped or buyer can pay ER bill.

Actually this happened around 1987 and my father only suffered minor injuries (Can't say that about the gun).
    mrflinch_2011_31051.jpg

mrflinch_2011_31052.jpg

mrflinch_2011_31053.jpg

mrflinch_2011_31054.jpg

mrflinch_2011_31055.jpg

2. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Fine looking piece of iron... as that's all it is now. Glad to hear your pop survived. Now tell us the story behind this "modification".
    Pat

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Looks like the results of a barrel obstruction to me. The Old Remington "All-American" hulls had a plastic insert that used to plug barrels When it shot loose after too many reloads.

HM

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

THAT would get your attention!

5. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My father wanted to try my new 1100 skeet gun that I'd only owned for a few days so we shared it for a round of skeet. A friend joined us so we had a squad of three. My father was having problems with his reloads not having any powder and had several bloopers that fired the primer only (he was infamous for that, LOL!) We kept a stick handy and punched out several wads. I was a bit nervous and didn't want him to shoot any more of those shells so when we got to station three I intended to let him shoot, then I was going to give him my shells. Well, as luck would have it, he fired at a low 3 and my friend and I were literally knocked back by a concussion that actually hurt my sinuses. Next I knew the gun was on the ground and my father was holding his hand. I took him to the ER and he ended up with a few splinters that they removed and about 4 #9 shot in his hand along with a cracked bone and damaged tendons. They left the shot in his hand and sent him home. He recovered fully but that gun just wouldn't heal. The gunsmith and Remington both said it was a double load of Red Dot. My father said it was a weak damn Remington barrel.

He has passed on since then and I miss him so much. Even though the gun was ruined he was ok and we kidded each other for many years about that incident and were both thankful to have each other until his death at 91 years of age.

I wouldn't trade that hunk of metal for a new ROLEX. Oh, I love and shoot Remington 1100's. Mark

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't think a double charge of powder will do that Mark, extra lead over red dot is a different story. What kind of press was he loading on? Great that you were able to enjoy his companship. Bob

7. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

At the time I think he was loading on a Pacific; new for then with the auto index.

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Must've been at least a triple charge. Only Krieghoffs blow up with double charges!!

9. Butler

Butler TS Member

0   0   0

fi your name wasn't Mr. Flinch before, I know why it was changed. Jim

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

LOL

Good one Jim

11. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

0   0   0

I had a Skeet B do the same thing to me in appx 1975. Called Remington and they said send it to us. Charged me freight both ways about $38.00 and replaced the gun that I shoot to this day.
    My ears rang for a few days and left hand hurt like H***. I was lucky it was cold and I had on coveralls and a heavy work glove on my left hand. Oh yeah, new shells, I believe RXP's

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

can you even get a double charge of red dot and the payload and get any recognizable crimp???

13. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jim, you said it right! I was waiting for that. Funny stuff!

Red Dot is good powder but it is one of the few that can double load and still crimp. Also, if you notice many charts, when the amount is increased the pressure increases very quickly; more so than most other powders. In those days most loading recipes called for Green Dot or something else if you wanted to step up velocity. Red Dot would build pressure much too quickly.

14. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

After a discussion with a thoughtful member on this forum I'm going to donate this gun to my gun club to use for safety training. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.