1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Dakota Superlight 28GA ANIC

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by esetter, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I just acquired a beautiful Dakota Superlight in 28 gauge. This beautiful little gun has an Anson and Deeley boxlock action with scalloped receiver. This gun features 27 inch barrels that are choked improved cylinder and modified. Solid, raised, hand filed rib. Stock is beautiful Turkish Walnut with straight grip, fine hand cut checkering, checkered wooden butt plate, and oil finish. Stock dimensions are 1 1/2 X 2 1/2 X 14 5/8 with cast off for the right hand shooter. Stock is in 99% condition with one or two very small impressions. Forend is a splinter with very nice cut checkering as well. As you can see in the pictures case coloring and bluing are beautiful and in 99% condition. Bluing is deep, dark, and barrels are polished beautifully. Gun weighs 5 pounds 12 ounces and balances beautifully. It has double triggers, automatic safety, and the top lever is way to the right. Purchased from the original owner who said he shot one round of skeet with the gun. I had to shoot it and I shot one round of skeet with it as well and it functions perfectly and I broke a 23. Comes with original hard case from Dakota, slip cases, and original pattern sheets for both barrels. This gun is quality through and through and will be a wonderful upland gun. Price of the gun is $4200 plus actual shipping charges to your FFL. As always there is a three day non-firing inspection period on the gun. Contact me at esetter5@me.com with any questions you might have on the great little gun.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=3df791c2.jpg" target="_blank"> 3df791c2.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=beaae66c.jpg" target="_blank"> beaae66c.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=e7fdd1c6.jpg" target="_blank"> e7fdd1c6.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=17195f12.jpg" target="_blank"> 17195f12.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=5d42b514.jpg" target="_blank"> 5d42b514.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=cb17ce4f.jpg" target="_blank"> cb17ce4f.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=ae7209b3.jpg" target="_blank"> ae7209b3.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=b12c9b32.jpg" target="_blank"> b12c9b32.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=d05977a1.jpg" target="_blank"> d05977a1.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/Dakota%20Superlight/?action=view¤t=b9ef01ff.jpg" target="_blank"> b9ef01ff.jpg </a>

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hi, Nice 28. I have A Dakota 12ga. O/U. What a surprise when I found out that the gun was not actually mfg by Dakota, I was informed they farm out some shotguns to others companies ( this O/U was made by Rizzini ). Boy was I shocked and very disappointed. I am aware that that did in fact make a few SxS. Do you know the history. Just because it says Dakota does not always mean it really is. Just checking before I start to get interested. Thanks for any info.

3. rustygun

rustygun Member

0   0   0

I believe the sxs were made by Siace in Italy, a great gun, nice handling. If I had the money I would own one.

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

On the bottom of the barrels is stamped made in Italy. There are no other names on the gun other than Dakota S.D. The pattern sheet does say Siace. I'm not sure if they were completely built there or just the barrels? Fit and finish is excellent and even the ejectors are engine turned. Closes with that good, solid feel, and the pattern sheets show excellent even patterns. This is the first of these guns I've owned or handled and I'm impressed. I see nothing but quality when going over this gun, from the bluing, to the stock finish, to the case coloring, everything is right.

5. AMB

AMB TS Member

0   0   0

Man esetter you sure come up with some nice ones. Cheapest one I have seen! Nice gun for sure.

6. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thank you, I do love these nice doubles, especially the small gauges. If this one doesn't sell it won't hurt my feelings at all.

7. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

8. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yep. SIACE. Just another of Charlie Kokesh's many brilliant money losing deals when he owned Dakota Arms....
    Mike

9. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Beautiful guns. These were all made by Siace in Italy. There were 3 grades, and many options. I used to shoot a grade 2 in 12 bore. Was choked full and fuller, but deadly on those 40 yard pheasants. These guns are just not that common to see, especially in 28 gauge. They did make a 16 gau. which a friend of mine in TX would never sell. Told me he would be buried with it !! This is a good value all the way around. Dakota also made highest quality side x side which was also made in Italy by Ferlib. You should have seen these guns. Sweet indeed. Good luck with this. Great gauge to have in a great configuration..................Rob

10. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for all the information. I didn't know all of this and it really helps.

11. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Just to complete the Dakota Arms/Ferlib story--there were a few of these Siace's that were made up with the Ithaca classic Doubles name on them. Steve L. almost had a viable deal to continue on with Dakota before the wolves got him. Gerry--a really beautiful gun!! And scarce in 28 bore! Siace makes some really excellent guns. Almost has me reaching for my wallet.......but Vegas calls--let's see what I can find out there next week. Come join me and my pals at SHOT and Beinfield!!!

12. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I was there year before last and had a great time but I'm going to SCI in a couple of weeks to line up hunts for the fall. And, there are too many guns in Vegas that I can't afford. It sure is fun to look there though. Thanks for asking and I want to get out there again soon.

13. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

C'mon Gerry---Come to Uruguay with us in June!! The trip we are taking is written up in the most recent issue of Shooting Sportsman! We had it scheduled last July and the Volcano eruption in Chile caused us to cancel. SCI is the best show on the planet. Wish it was back to back with SHOT as in previous years.

14. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

15. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

16. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

17. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

18. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

19. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

I love it but I can't handle double triggers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dakota arms superlight
dakota arms superlight shotgun
dakota classics superlite sxs 28 gauge

dakota ferlib shotguns

dakota superlight

dakota superlight grade iii

ferlib shotgun for sale
ferlib shotguns info and history