1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Clean Browning o/u Lightning Trap 30 F/M w/Hard

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rbpeep, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

rbpeep_2012_2503.jpg

rbpeep_2012_25031.jpg

rbpeep_2012_25032.jpg

FS Clean Browning Belgium Superposed Lightning Trap 30 inch Full/Modified. Narrow rib. Included is very nice Browning Hard Case, keys, and Manual for the gun. There are a couple of really tiny marks on the buttstock and a small scuff on the bluing where the forearm slides to decouple the halves. Otherwise, it is extremely clean. Email and I'll send lots of pictures. Price is $1700 including insured shipping in the US. I've owned it a long time. It hasn't been shot much. It's a nice doubles gun.

I was asked about the length of tang. I assume the tang is the extension of the trigger guard. It measures about 2-3/4- inches and extends nearly to the start of the flat of the pistol grip. LOP is 14-1/2". It is completely unmodified and as it came from the factory.

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Interested---Is it long tang?DAH and comb? and lop--also sr# or yr of mfg----George@SJB

3. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

Sorry, I don't know what long tang means. The SN is 10509 S72. I'm happy to answer questions if you'll explain. Randy

4. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

Sorry for the ignorance. It's completely unmodified in any way.. It's exactly as it came from the factory.. I measure the length of pull from trigger to middle of buttpad to be 14-1/2".

5. cpd544

cpd544 Member

0   0   0

Second photo looks like a long tang. Beautiful gun, I have a Superposed Broadway made in 72 just like it but I do not have the case.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

1972 should have mechanical triggers. Good buy.

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

nice gun

8. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

I'm sorry. What does DAH and Comb mean? Sorry to be so ignorant.. Randy

9. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

DAH = Drop at Heel. The heel is the top of the butt pad. Drop is the distance from the point being measured to an imaginary horizontal line that follows the plane of the rib.

Drop at Comb is measured from that same imaginary horizontal line to the point on the comb where your cheek rests.

Hope this helps....... an artist, I'm NOT. LOL

locdoc_2008_030365.jpg

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Doug. The only thing missing from your picture is the front half of your feet.

11. rbpeep

rbpeep TS Member

0   0   0

Okay.. I measure the drop at the comb to be 1-15/32". If I hold it up against a wall, it appears that the comb is almost exactly parallel to the wall meaning that the butt is also 1-15/32. As a matter of personal observation, I have six different trap guns.. from 870's to An Ithaca 7E. This Lightning is definitely on the higher end of the combs. They are all very close to each other as far as the sight pattern I see when holding the gun. With all of them the front bead "sits" right on top of the middle bead. I understand that I may have slightly "fatter" cheek than some.. so I'm hoping that my description makes sense. Like I said originally it is unmodified in any way. I know there is some variation in different guns of the same model. Hope this helps. Randy

12. locdoc

locdoc Member

0   0   0

Here you go, Jack. It's the best I can do under the circumstances... LOL

Doug

locdoc_2008_030366.jpg

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

14. glock22

glock22 TS Member

0   0   0

Nice gun if I was still shooting, I`d buy it!

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My God Doug.....cut those toe nails. LOL

Rick in MT

up for a nice gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.