1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**FS Ceasar Guerini Summit Combo**

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shotgun Specialties, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

[​IMG]

Here is another nice clean used gun, show little wear. Summit 34/32 combo, with factory choke tubes, pull/pull, no modifications. Very few small handing marks on the stock, but hardly visible, comes with original case and wrenches. This gun deserves a good home, $ 4800.00 includes s/h to your ffl dealer. Thanks, Doug @ SGS

2. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

0   0   0

I am very interested in this gun would you consider a trade for a new Cenrgy Unsingle combo Classic. Gun purchased this year with less than 3000 rounds gun in 98%

3. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

I made an offer that was accepted by Doug. He offered a two day inspection after reciept of funds.

I have tried to contact him to arrange a return (during the inspection period) since the guerini has an issue. I have had no response after 5 phone calls all on separate days....and about 4 emails on separate days. His phone message box is full and no response

Should I be worried?

Rudy

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

What is the issue?

5. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

0   0   0

Good people, no need to worry. They are on the road to Missouri for the fall handicap. Roger

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

They may want to try to tend to business wouldn't you think.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Blew up? just kidding....

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

It must be the "Fall Handicap water"

9. Squeal

Squeal Member

0   0   0

What is the issue x 2?

10. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

0   0   0

Is this gun still available

11. Mr. D

Mr. D Member

0   0   0

What is the issue x 3?

12. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What is the issue x4?

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

From Alaska or from Illinois?

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Since you made it public info, what is the issue?

15. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

It blew a big hole in my checking account...not to mention that my wife will explode if she finds out I bought another trap shotgun!

All kidding aside, thanks for your assurances about Doug and Shotgun Specialities. I have PMd some of you back. I'll post the details after he and I talk about it and agree on a resolution. I'll be patient, and hopefully so will you!

Rudy

16. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

Doug called today and explained that his hectic travel schedule to gun shows and meets sometimes makes it difficult to return calls timely. As several of you mentioned, Doug is a stand up guy, offers great customer service and backs his deals with a two day return. In my case, we agreed that he would give me a reduced cost (via check next week) due to the issue.

The issue is that the rib on the o/u has a long arcing curve that starts around the forcing cones, bears gradually to the left before the mid bead, peaks about 1/4" left just beyond the bead, and become more acute as the curve returns to the muzzle. I asked two other trap fellas what they thought of the gun (without telling them of the problem) and both noticed it right away.

Other than the bend, there is no sign of damage like exposed or jagged metal due to dropping/hitting the SG on a hard surface, or shipping damage since the case and shipping box are pristine.

I called Guerini and their gunsmith said to send it to them for assessment. If they assess that its a factory/metal/manufacturing problem, they will replace the rib or the barrels under warranty -- so i am about to find out about the legendary Guerini service! I'll post an update later.

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses.

Rudy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.