Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

**FS Ceasar Guerini Summit Combo**

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SilverShooter 
#1 ·

Here is another nice clean used gun, show little wear. Summit 34/32 combo, with factory choke tubes, pull/pull, no modifications. Very few small handing marks on the stock, but hardly visible, comes with original case and wrenches. This gun deserves a good home, $ 4800.00 includes s/h to your ffl dealer. Thanks, Doug @ SGS

See less See more
#3 ·
I made an offer that was accepted by Doug. He offered a two day inspection after reciept of funds.

I have tried to contact him to arrange a return (during the inspection period) since the guerini has an issue. I have had no response after 5 phone calls all on separate days....and about 4 emails on separate days. His phone message box is full and no response

Should I be worried?

Rudy

#15 ·
It blew a big hole in my checking account...not to mention that my wife will explode if she finds out I bought another trap shotgun!

All kidding aside, thanks for your assurances about Doug and Shotgun Specialities. I have PMd some of you back. I'll post the details after he and I talk about it and agree on a resolution. I'll be patient, and hopefully so will you!

Rudy

#16 ·
Doug called today and explained that his hectic travel schedule to gun shows and meets sometimes makes it difficult to return calls timely. As several of you mentioned, Doug is a stand up guy, offers great customer service and backs his deals with a two day return. In my case, we agreed that he would give me a reduced cost (via check next week) due to the issue.

The issue is that the rib on the o/u has a long arcing curve that starts around the forcing cones, bears gradually to the left before the mid bead, peaks about 1/4" left just beyond the bead, and become more acute as the curve returns to the muzzle. I asked two other trap fellas what they thought of the gun (without telling them of the problem) and both noticed it right away.

Other than the bend, there is no sign of damage like exposed or jagged metal due to dropping/hitting the SG on a hard surface, or shipping damage since the case and shipping box are pristine.

I called Guerini and their gunsmith said to send it to them for assessment. If they assess that its a factory/metal/manufacturing problem, they will replace the rib or the barrels under warranty -- so i am about to find out about the legendary Guerini service! I'll post an update later.

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses.

Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.