Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS BT-99 34

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  pbrotcke 
#1 ·
This is a 1979 model BT-99 with 34" barrel . It has been backbored - I was told it was done by the Country Gentleman. There is an adjustable butt-plate which I was told was also done by the Country Gentleman. I had Briley put thin-wall chokes into the gun, S-1. The shotgun has an adjustable comb. There is a letter from Browning regarding the shotgun's history. The length of pull is 14 5/8. The blueing is somewhat worn in places as shown in the pictures but the gun has been well-maintained. In 2010 the fire-pin and spring were replaced at Carter's Guns in Shabona, Illinois due to light hits on the primer - this fixed the issue and the shotgun has worked flawlessly since. It has not been fired much since though has been taken out of the safe, cleaned and oiled twice a year. I find this BT-99 to be soft-shooting and not very heavy.

It comes with a Browning case, a wooly snape cape, and three Briley chokes, Mod, IMod, and Full. I am asking $725. I believe this is a fair price. Shipping costs will depend upon shipping and insurance charges. Any sale would need to be face to face or through an FFL if you are from out of state.

I am selling this because I live in a small condo with a small gun safe and wish to own a new field gun. There is nothing the matter with this shotgun and I have run 25s with it. I ceased using it when I bought a lefthanded Krieghoff KS-5. The shotgun is not lefthanded (though the adjustable comb screws are) as is demonstrated in the pictures, where it is set up in a righthand configuration. I believe this would be an excellent shotgun for anyone, particularly someone starting out in trapshooting who desires a new shotgun.

See less See more
#3 ·
Excellent price for this gun, and Hartman case. Sure it is a 1979 year of manufacture? Looks to have the narrow beavertail forend. What are the numbers in the serial number on the top tang, 27,37, 47, etc.? The year of manufacture numbers where reversed. Example: D27=1972.

#4 ·
Stl, the letter from Browning said the BT-99 was sold to Graf's in 1979. The SN never made much sense to me, as it did not match what I saw on Browning's website for dating purposes. The first five characters are 57D27.

Roger, I'm in Illinois. My understanding is that we would need to go through an FFL because we reside in different states, even if we met face to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.