1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: Browning

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by macttom, Jun 17, 2013.

1. macttom

macttom Member

0   0   0

Rooferbob, looks like a good call. It's seen more than a little use. About a grand too high.

2. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

0   0   0

Thanks "gentlemen" for pointing out that my price and description of the gun is wrong.

I guess the position of the locked release lever, all the way to the right, is an indication that its a worn out piece of s#$%! Plus my assessment of it being tight is an outright figment of my imagination - you guys can tell this from the pic.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this site. Up to now, I thought it was a fiar, knowledgeable group for guys.

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

What is wrong with sending a PM? Should really PM with negative comments, or advise. People should be able to post something on here without all of the opinions on their guns out for everyone to read. Unless they are positive of course.

Re-post the the gun on another new thread!

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You will have to get use to people jumping in and giving their personal "expert" opinion even if it is unsolicited and rude. There are lots of knowledgeable people on this sight that are fair they know some posters are inconsiderate of others posts and try to devalue the sale. If some one really wants to help they would PM you with constructive information and let you edit your post if you wanted to. Posting negative comments or opinions on some ones post is not right or fair the market will set the value everyone deserves to post their price with out interference on the post itself. PM anything you feel you have to say to the seller without pi--ing on there fore sale post

There I said it !! Think how you would feel if it was your item and you were selling it before you jump in uninvited.

Buddy

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

0   0   0

Old One Eye speaks the truth; there are posters on here (who will remain nameless to protect the guilty) who are famous for attempting to low ball people who may not know any better. Too bad, but that's human nature. If I think there's a problem with a "for sale" item I use the PM service to give the poster my opinion and reasons. Believe it or not, not everyone is an expert in everything, contrary to what you might read on here!
    John

6. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

You know what you guys are absolutely right about this, I should have sent the man a PM, or not said anything.
    My apologies to you sir!
    Rooferbob!

Bob McConnell
    Hamilton Ohio

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm not sure it's wrong to comment on items for sale here. This is a discussion forum, and the "for sale" section is not a paid classified section.
    Even though I recall some mention that comments about price were inappropriate,
    I see nothing in the forum rules about that. It seems it's the moderator's call.
    Nobody complained when the guy with the nickle S&W 44 magnum was being raked over the coals. I got criticized recently because I commented that it was a
    shame that someone got careless with a screwdriver on a fine double barrel sidelock.

There are rules prohibiting vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit language;
    and racist comments. Those seem to get violated on a regular basis.

8. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

0   0   0

As the original poster, I appreciate the additional feedback.

When trying to determine the "asking" price, I did a Google search. This came up with prices that varied significantly. So I decided to price it on the high side to leave some wiggle room. I hate it when I price something too low and get an immediate "I'll take it"". before I and post "open to reasonable offers".

Prior to retirement, I was in sales/marketing. I spent some time in my company's training department teaching product and sales skills. I always tired to leave my charges with the following:

Don't count the change in your customer's pocket but try not to leave any money on the table.

9. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

0   0   0

That is a good philosophy to live by when selling anything. Once Again, my apologies, had a few too many cocktails last nite and spoke out of turn. Good luck with your sale and all future ones.
    Rooferbob