1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS Browning Olympian Rifle - Price Lowered Again

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by esetter, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have on consignment a beautiful Browning Belgium Olympian Grade Rifle in the ever popular 30/06 caliber. This 1968 gun is in excellent, lightly used condition showning only light field use marks. Gun has a 21 1/2 inch barrel and weighs 8 pounds 8 ounces with the scope mounted to the gun. Gun comes complete with a Leupold Vari X III scope in 3.5 X 10 power. Scope is clear bright and comes with Leupold's lifetime unconditional warranty.

This is Browning's top of the line model rifle and comes with highly figured walnut stock with a rosewood grip cap and end cap. The checkering and carved stock set the gun apart from other Brownings, and the beautiful engraving is double signed by Cortis and has a Brown Bear on the trigger guard, an Antelope on the left of the receiver, an Elk on the right side, and a deer on the floorplate.

I've tried to show the special points of this lovely gun but pictures can't show the workmanship that is put into a gun such as this. This will be the centerpiece for any Browning gun collector or will be the envy of everyone in Elk camp next fall. Price of the gun was $8900, now $7500 plus $50 shipping to your FFL. As always there is a three day, non-firing inspection period on the gun and buyer only pays the shipping if the gun is returned.

<a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1766.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1785.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1745.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1788.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1768.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1763.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1756.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1774.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1776.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1769.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/esetter/olympian/?action=view¤t=IMG_1762.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Beautiful Olympian....may I ask what kind of camera do you use to get such good detail in your photos ? Do you use a tripod ?

Joe

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I use a cannon SX1 IS at 10 mega pixels and I do use a tripod and special lighting. It takes a long time to get decent pictures but I want buyers to be able to see exactly what they are getting. It has taken me a while to come up with the best combination of equipment to turn out pictures that I'm happy with and I'm still trying to improve. Thanks for noticing.

4. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

0   0   0

Nice, classic old school quality.

5. white rattler

white rattler Member

0   0   0

it's a $3500 gun so it has a long way to come down. Trevor Dawe.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

1968 was one of the salt wood years, did anyone ever remove one of the butt plate screws and see?

7. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes, I took out both butt plate screws and no sign of rust. This gun has been used and was taken outdoors in the elements. If there was any salt present it would have surfaced by now and there is none. Bluing is perfect as is the metal on the receiver.

White Rattler, find me an olympian grade Browning for $3500 and I'll buy every one you can come up with in this condition. It doesn't even have to have the $700 scope on it. Thanks for your evaluation of my listing, always need some help.

8. TOOLMAKER 251

0   0   0

Someone might be confusing this for a medallion grade which can be had for $3,500. Olympian grade go anywhere from $6,000 to $12,000 depending on caliber, optics not included.

9. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think if he checks on other sites he will see this is by far the cheapest one out there. Thanks Toolmaker for helping me out here.

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

0   0   0

Just to clarify my evaluation of your rifle - my comments are based on an assumption that you're trying to sell to a collector. My experience as a 40 year collector of Belgium Browning rifles (collection quality, NRA 100%) with a collection at one time in excess of 100 rifle. I think my evaluation will stand up because 1) the rifle is not new-in-the-box. True collectors want a 100% gun in the original box with the black envelope on the trigger guard. 2) the value of your gun is diminished because of the scope. 3) the gun has been used in the field (or anywhere) which means it has even slight blemishes i.e. it's not new in the box. 4) unfortunatly the 30.06 calibre was the most produced therefore the most available i.e. it is not rare. Nevertheless, you have a beautiful gun, it's just not worth $8K.

Safari grades in 30.06, new-in-the-box, are $1200-$1500. Medallion grades are $1800-$2500, Olympian grades are $3500-$5000. Not to forget, these are asking prices.

From a shooting perspective, few shooters would give $8K for a field rifle. At present, any over-the-counter gun such as Sako, Cooper, Model 70 Winchester, Model 700 Remington are more accurate for hunting.

It's a very nice looking gun, I know the engraver and he does good work. I had a 257R and a 222 Rem Mag engraved by the same person. Best wishes on finding the right buyer for your gun. Trevor Dawe

11. TOOLMAKER 251

0   0   0

The last olympian grade to sell on gunbroker was auction #208669235 which ended Jan. 06, 2011 went for $7,536 with 54 bids, no box or papers. 22-250 hunting gun. Looks like your gun with scope is an accurate price.

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Rock Island Auction sold some like this recently. The hammer price was in the $8000 range with the double signed bringing up to $11,000 & triple signed $12,000. And be sure to ad the 15% buyer premium to the above prices. You can verify by going to the RIA web sight. These things are soaring out of sight $$$ wise.

13. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for bringing that up. In case you didn't notice (I should have put this in my text) this engraving is double signed and you can see both signatures in the pictures of the Elk and Antelope. Also thank you gentlemen for backing up my research. I try to keep my prices at the low end so that a person buying the gun can resell it if he likes at some point in the near future. I don't believe I'm ever at the top end of pricing. If I get a good deal on a gun I try to pass it along at a good price instead of asking top dollar. Just the way I do business. In this case the gun is consigned and I believe it is priced very well especially with the optics. Again, thanks for verifying my price.

14. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

0   0   0

Esetter, that's a beautiful rifle, wish I could afford it. I agree with the posts directed at "rattler." I visit lots of forums and it's unacceptable on any of them for someone to trash someone else's gun asking price. He apparently assumes that the rest of us are incapable of judging the value of a gun. Asking questions is one thing, throwing out unsolicited opinions on a firearm for sale is another. Good luck with your sale.

15. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks Hawk, I couldn't have said it better.

16. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We are going to make one final price reduction and then we are putting this one away. Dropping the price down to $7500 plus actual shipping charges. I don't believe you can find one anywhere close to this price but we'll see if this entices anyone to buy this pretty gun.

17. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

18. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

19. white rattler

white rattler Member

0   0   0

ran200 who ever you are, I have not said a thing since Feb 2nd. I have had over 100 of these over the last 30 years. I have said my piece. PS I also said that it was a very nice looking gun. This gun has been on here since Jan 26th just short of 60 days what does that tell you. Trevor Dawe

20. esetter

esetter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If you look at the dates, the last time I put it up was March 5th. I'm not exactly beating it to death. This isn't a rifle site and I understand that. Just thought there might be a person that hadn't seen it that might be interested. Not a big deal, but it is priced low according to every other one I have seen or can find. You are a big time collector to have owned over 100 Olympian rifles so I accept whatever you say. I've never seen 100 of them in my last 30 years. If it doesn't sell for this price, it will just stay in the collection, no big deal. It hasn't eaten much lately!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1968 browning olympian

browning olympian

browning olympian 30-06 1965 value

browning olympian for sale

browning olympian grade rifes for sale
browning olympian rifle

browning olympian rifle for sale

browning olympian rifles