1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS - Beretta 391 28

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dmarbell, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

I bought this gun to replace a great shooting 390 I used to have. My plans were to put a Super Trap stock on it and use it for an all round gun. In the meantime, I bought another O/U trap gun on this site, so this one should go.

391 field, 28" barrel, 5 Optima Plus flush chokes, two butt pads, shim and washers, blue case. Everything that came from the factory. Note: Optima Plus, Optima chokes will not fit this barrel.

These are the seller's pics from when I bought the gun. My camera is not available, but there's not much to see.

Edit: I just looked the gun over in good light. There are a couple of very small white marks on the stock, nothing even into the wood. Looks like it was rubbed against something. No rust or marks on the receiver or barrel. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Price is $700 shipped to your FFL.

Danny

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z16/dmarbell/?action=view¤t=DSCN08641.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z16/dmarbell/?action=view¤t=DSCN08621.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z16/dmarbell/?action=view¤t=DSCN08521.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z16/dmarbell/?action=view¤t=DSCN08491.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Will a mobilchoke barrel fit on this gun? Thanks. jm

3. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

I don't think so. The forearm is marked Optima. So I believe Optima barrels will fit, but not Mobil.

Danny

4. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

May I ask what the difference(s) is/are between the Optima and Optima Plus barrels? Thanks. JM

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

0   0   0

There are three different choke styles (depends on barrel internal dimensions) in the Beretta shotgun line. The older style is the Mobil Choke, newer Berettas come with Optima or Optima Plus Chokes (Optima is generally used in target guns, while Optima Plus is used in field barrels (again, bores are slightly different, thus requiring the different choke styles). These chokes are not interchangeable. So a Mobil Choked barrel cannot use Optima or Optima Plus chokes, nor can an Optima barrel use Optima Plus chokes (or Mobil chokes) for instance. As for forearm markings, my AL391 Urika forearm is marked Optima, but I have both Optima and Optima Plus choked barrels for it (a target barrel, and a field style barrel) so forearm markings are no guide as to what the barrel bore (and thus what choke style) is needed.

Jim R

6. p4ml4

p4ml4 TS Member

0   0   0

is this gun still for sale?
    Pam

7. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

Yes, the gun is still available.

I talked with Beretta today. The gun was made in 2005. All Optima barrels will fit the gun. According to the tech I spoke with, the Mobil choked barrels will not work. I even asked about putting a "Mobil forearm" along with the Mobil barrel, and they said no. Could be a defensive measure, not sure.

8. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

ttt.

Danny

9. jawinchester

jawinchester Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Danny,

I have a 391 Urika 2 that came with Optima barrel and forearm. I already had a mobil barrel. The mobil barrel does not quite fill up (fit tight) along the edges of the Optima forearm but once you scew on the fore end cap that matters not. It works fine.

--Jerry

10. lbelflowers

lbelflowers TS Member

0   0   0

Awesome duck gun! Filled limit on more than 1 occassion. I have both the Mobile and Optima Plus gun, a hunter will really like the Optima Plus choke system(especially if they hunt steel shot). Just a good all around hunting gun!

Loren

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

sold one gun tonight. Let's make it a two-fer night.

Danny

12. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

13. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

0   0   0

Offers? Great gun for this kind of price.

Danny

14. David Weeks

David Weeks Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Danny, Check your PMs. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.