1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS: 870 Field stock w/adj. comb

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Tron, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

870 Field stock for 12ga. Has my old style 4 way adjustable hardware, nothing fancy, but highly functional. Kickeez Sporting pad with LOP of 13 3/4".

$150 shipped to lower 48. Email my website if interested.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=DSCN1211_zps4ed22221.jpg" target="_blank"> DSCN1211_zps4ed22221.jpg </a>

2. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Is this a cut out "870 Express" stock? Don't believe Remington ever sold anything like that -----

3. Tron

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Yep, it's an Express that's been laying around here for a few years or so.

4. bricky10

bricky10 Member

0   0   0

If it was 1 1/4 inch longer i'd buy it.

5. RayReys

RayReys Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

^
    LOL.

6. lostandout

lostandout Member

0   0   0

seems like it would be a nice stock for someones 870 slug gun

7. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

How much work to make this fit a 20 gauge 870? I'm putting together a few guns for new kids to shoot at our club. I know is is wider than a 12, but would it still bolt up? I don't need a perfect factory fit. Butch from Pgh

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've fitted a couple of 12ga slug gun stocks to 20ga 1187s.

All you need to do is use the stock bearing plate in the back of the 20ga action (basically a washer contoured to fit in the receiver recess) as a template on the face of the 12ga stock tenon. Then using very sharp wood chisels or if you have time to spare an X-acto knife set, slowly shave the outside of the tenon until it fits the action. Don't take too much off at a time. Don't reduce the length of the tenon. Don't worry about the trigger recess - it will fit. The width of the stock will match.

The main difference is with the top. The stock will stand up slightly above the receiver. I didn't bother to reduce the height of the two I did. It's not noticeable unless you look real close. If it bothers you, it can be contoured to match, but then you'd need to refinish it.

If Tron has a 20ga action maybe he'd do it for a fee?

9. Tron

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.