1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**FS 870 34" bbl "Factory Rep BBL"

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Shotgun Specialties, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Remington 870 TB trap Barrel, .745 bore/.705 choke, no porting, marked "REP" on barrel. I knew some reps a long time ago that shot 870"s when I was younger that had these types of barrels and I ended up with one for my 870 -which I still have 1 marked the same. They are special barrels from Remington and I'm sure it's a shooter like mine. Asking 400. incl s/h. I paid 300. for mine 30 years ago and it was worth every penny.... Contact info above, blueing and condition is very good. Thanks, Doug @ SGS

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

**FS 870 34

Just FYI, every Remington barrel I've ever owned has REP stamped on it. Its part of their series of proof and inspection marks, and doesn't indicate that the barrel was manufactured for one of their reps, or to any special specifications.

3. Shotgun Specialties

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

**FS 870 34

Did it have a little star after it. That is what I was told about the star astric after the REP. Hey I might be wrong..but I bit on it a long time ago. It was a personal barrel of Jack ? The old white haired rep that whore his pants up around his belly button.... Hunter maybe? Doug

4. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

**FS 870 34

Ill check mine tonight. Mine is just a standard 30" but it does have REP on it. Not sure about the *

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

**FS 870 34

Just looked at one of mine. Says REP, but no *

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

**FS 870 34

Maybe you mean Jack Hughes?

I always enjoyed talking to him at the Remington building at the Grand, and watched him shoot at the Indiana State Shoot, also

A nice fellow.

Danny

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

**FS 870 34

You got "hoodwinked" on the "REP" thing. All four of my Remington 870 barrels have "REP" on them. It is still a 34" barrel though. Wish i had the extra cash.

8. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

0   0   0

**FS 870 34

wish I had the cash too. i hear these 34" barrels are the bees knees, right?

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

**FS 870 34

REP means Remington English Proofed.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

**FS 870 34

Just looked at 2 1100 barrels this afternoon, a 30" full field bbl, and a rifled sighted slug barrel, both say REP.

Dunno on the * though. What I was told was that the ones that were actually factory tested (they don't test an entire run of guns, they pull one out, and if it passed, they all do, if not, they all go back) were marked with a stamp that looked like an iron cross. Never seen that stamp actually on a barrel though.

I just sold the brother to your barrel on here a couple days ago and got $375 shipped, so you shouldn't have any trouble coming close to your price.

11. Shotgun Specialties

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

**FS 870 34

Thanks, to everyone.............Barrel is sold, DSW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.