1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS 500 round bricks of old 22 ammo

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Tripod, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My buddy has for sale 5 bricks (500 each)of federal monark lead lubricated 40 grain bullets.
    five bricks of western X pert lead lubricated
    One brick of Winchester leader staynless lead lubricated.
    I would like to know a value to ask of them. I have one each of those bricks so I could send pictures of like packaging, but I don't have the ones that are for sale. I bought my bricks from his fathers sale years ago and he now would like to get rid of the rest of them as he is moving to another smaller home and is selling some stuff off. Anyone have a suggestion of what they could be worth? These were supplied to his father in 1952 for the NRA sponsored youth shooting teams and they must have been left over when the program was disbanded a few years later in the late fifties. Thanks

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I remember a local wholesale house used to sell those Federals for $0.42 a box (of 50) back in the 60's. I bought a brick of them and went to my buddy's farm for a Sunday afternoon of plinking. About one in ten of them would not go off, and being a loyal Remington fan, he never let me live it down. He used to call them "Moan-arks". Never had any such trouble with the Westerns back then. Might have more value as a collector item? Good luck.

3. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

0   0   0

These could be worth a LOT of money. Esp. the Win. leader staynless.
    Look on e-bay for the crazy prices paid for old .22's. Even for empty boxes.
    Here in Iowa at auctions this stuff brings in some serious cash.

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Federal 40.00 to 50.00 per brick. Western Expert around 60.00 per brick the Leader in the yellow and blue box about 70.00 on up. Last week end I bought 14 bricks of vintage 50s to 60s 22 ammo for less than 30.00 per brick. You can still find good buys. I buy vintage bricks and I see prices all over the board.

One other comment if the western Expert is the all yellow box per brick price would be either side of 40.00.

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a picture in my email and would like to post it, but I have tried numerous times and failed. I also have a full box of Western Super-X 180 grain Silvertip in 300 savage in the blue and yellow grizzly box I would sell. The box is intact and all readable but in kind of rough shape.

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

7. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Collectors, What is a full brick of Winchester Spotlight 22 shorts worth? Charlie

8. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I tried to post the pics and it seemed to work!!!
    tripod_2008_0303.jpg

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

oneidcharlie I will give you $125.00 for you brick. That way you will double your money.

tripod Western brick around 60.00,Federal 50.00 Winchester Leader 90.00. My quotes are on the average.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the info Whiz-bang. Do you know anyone who would be interested?
    Tripod

11. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

0   0   0

What about a brick of "Winchester Wildcats"? I have several of them.

Would like to know their value.

Allen

12. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

0   0   0

Winchester Wild Cat bricks with no bar code white box $30.00 dollar range. Wild cats in the blue box "Dyna points" maybe double that price. Just bought both for less than $30.00 per brick.

I need bricks of Remington and Peters golden bullets. Pree child warning and after. 1959 to late 60s. Also 22 gallery ammo. I will buy it by the pallet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

22 whiz-bang brick box

value for brick of winchester dyna points

winchester 500 round brick

winchester brick of 500

winchester leader 22 brick