1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FS -- 34" - 20 Ga Barrel for a MX Perazzi

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rick979, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

FS -- 34

A 20 guage trap barrel?? Yikes!

2. BRUSHMAN

BRUSHMAN TS Member

0   0   0

FS -- 34

If I hadn't quit competing, I'd be interested in this barrel, Rick. I shot "20 gauge-equivalent" loads in my 12-gauge Perazzi for 15 years before I could buy them commercially. My first recipe was built around Winchester 452 AA Ball Powder -- it was dirty as heck, but it broke targets like there was no tomorrow. Clays, the improved Red Dot, and Scot all made them a lot cleaner, but I'm a firm believer in low recoil. It may not be as macho, but I'm not from the 'hood, anyway.

I even toyed with having Briley make a 28-ga. insert to use for the first shot on doubles, but then I ran across the recipe using 452. The first time I tried the shells (7/8 @ 1200 fps for the first shot, regular shell for the second shot) I broke 96 in doubles, including running my first 50x50. Beat a AA27AA who whined about it for three weeks. (I was Class B at the time)

Personally, I don't think any shooter under 100 pounds should be shooting more than 7/8 of an ounce of shot, faster than 1100 fps. 100#-130#, 1 ounce, 1200 fps max. If you send it to the right address, 7/8 is plenty. If you send it to the wrong address, 25# isn't going to help much.

Good luck, Jerry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.