1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** FS ** 1914 $10 & $20 Bills

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by InsureGuy, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

Good Evening,
    I have been cleaning up my stash of things I though I needed to have and I recently stumbled on these 3 items. They are pieces history, and items that are only going to increase in value I believe. To be honest, the market on these things fluctuates more than the dow. I've had them for a number of years and I am not even sure what I have in them, but the 1st one to give me $250 takes all 3 notes. Send me a pm or e-mail to indicate your agreement. Time stamps will be noted in case of multiple acceptances.

Jason

Jason
    insureguy_2008_030316.jpg

insureguy_2008_030317.jpg

insureguy_2008_030318.jpg

insureguy_2008_030319.jpg

2. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

the images on the backs of those bills are just too cool

3. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Multiple acceptances? LOL

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Are they gold certificates?

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think they, along with bullion gold were withdrawn from circulation and made unlawful to possess.

6. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

They are not gold certificates, but the US was still on the Gold standard at the time these were printed. Gold ans Silver certificates are not illeagal to own. They are still purchased and sold everyday. But, they too are becoming rare and increasing in value. Glad you like them.

Jason

7. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

0   0   0

These would never work today. Not PC (politically correct). Too many polluting smoke stacks on the backside of the bills.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And PETA would not like the slave animals.

I remember working in a gas station as a kid and an old man paid with Silver Certificates from the 1930's. My coworker and friend immediately traded their face value with his own money. At that time these bills were collectible but were not worth several times face value. We speculated that the old man probably was now getting into his cash stash under his mattress.

9. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

At this point, I will entertain offers.

Jason

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The Gold certificates were indeed illegal to own between '34 and '64, the same as bullion gold. Then, the Gov't said oh, what the hell...

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Jason, if they don't sell hear you might consider Ebay. Do a search under $10 and $20 it will come up with some interesting and pricey examples that have several ongoing bids. About 35 years ago I Stopped at a store/gas station with a gravel parking lot in up state Pa. I bought some gas and paid for it inside with a $20 and in my change was a greener then usual ten that turned out to be a 1928 series gold certificate. The station owner wanted to swap it for another, but I decided to keep it. I bet he was pissed when I walked out.

12. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

The star notes and red seals are where the top dollars are being paid. Blue seals are going for 45.00-55.00.

Doug

13. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

0   0   0

Have these been sold?

14. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A concern: when Obama's policies are fully implemented, our dollars ... "won't be worth a 'plug nickel'.." Sorry for the poor joke, but, hey, it is winter, no shooting and it is raining. Best Regards, Ed

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

On the $20, what color is the seal? Red or Blue are the variants and yours appears blue.(but im color blind so I need to ask)

Also have you had the $20 graded? It looks like about 45-45 grading (very fine)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.