1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

= FS 12G SHELL CUTTER Costumer Review read this

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JLYON, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

"I am offering 12 ga shell cutters that work very well. I have been pretty successful selling to other trap shooters here on the East coast. This cutter will allow you to reclaim your entire components saving you money. Now, I only have one hand and I can easily operate it however it may vary depending on your ability. The blade is replaceable and I have designed this tool to only cut the shell thus making it easy to disassemble those bad rounds. The one pictured is made out of Oak and it can be yours for $32.95 with free shipping. If you are interested please PM me. I accept money orders, credit cards and personal checks. Thanks for looking."

jlyon_2012_2707.jpg

jlyon_2012_27071.jpg

2. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

got some of those here this works the best trying to push a razor blade side was now how thought that was a go idea ! try my hook blade! it works

3. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

i leave 5% for human mistakes if you don't get it in all the way you could cut some pedals of the wad

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Excuse me, but the one I have works ALL the time. I got it on this site from The Unloader - Gary.

No way I give a credit card to anyone I don't know.

Gene in Illinois

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

I've bought two so far.First one worked good until blade dulled.I went to the Cadillac of unloaders from Gary,lie a Timex,keeps on ticking(cutting)haven't had to even use tan extra blade he sent with it.At this rate,I'll be able to will it to someone.Guess I'll have to pass,Maybe free extra blades like Gary offers might help.But,,I agree,no way cc and such,Gary at least trusts us with our checks.

Doug H.

6. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OK i have a web site cc safe and i take ch or m.o. i will give you extra blade and it is changeable this is not a fly by night deal i own barrel buddy. com I Invented the trap gun rest in 1997 also own www.ctcarrypermit.com parent co
    LYON ENT. bb is 11.95
    jlyon_2012_27072.jpg

7. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Love folks that use all capital letters in their descriptions, complete with run-on sentences, misspellings, a total lack of punctuation and exaggerations. Does it speak to the quality of the product? :)

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Senorric I deciphered it for you.

<i>12G SHELL CUTTERS THAT RELY DO WORK I HAVE SOLD DOZENS OF THESE TO TRAP SHOOTERS ALL OVER THE EAST CAST YOU WILL RECLAIM ALL OF YOUR COMPONENTS 110% OF THE TIME NOW LOOK I ONLY HAVE == ONE HAND == AND IT WORKS EASY FOR ME % MAY VERY ON YOU ABILITY'S THE HOOK BLADE IS REPLACEABLE AND IT IS SET TO JUST CUT THE CASE IT IS MADE TO WORK WITH EASE YOU WANT GET TIRED CUT UP THOSE BAD ROUNDS WITH THIS ONE MADE OUT OF OAK $32.95 FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA PM TO BUY,M.O. & CC & YOUR CH ACCEPTED</I>

"I am offering 12 ga shell cutters that work very well. I have been pretty successful selling to other trap shooters here on the East coast. This cutter will allow you to reclaim your entire components saving you money. Now, I only have one hand and I can easily operate it however it may vary depending on your ability. The blade is replaceable and I have designed this tool to only cut the shell thus making it easy to disassemble those bad rounds. The one pictured is made out of Oak and it can be yours for $32.95 with free shipping. If you are interested please PM me. I accept money orders, credit cards and personal checks. Thanks for looking."

9. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

thanks for your talented writing i have used it

10. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Now that's an ad!!!!!!!!! :)

11. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

You have not form a opinion on the best shell cutter into you have used mine!

12. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

A little Competition is good for the Soul deal with it!

13. BD457

BD457 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've been on the fence for a while on buying a shell cutter, but the honesty in this thread has gotten me off the fence. I'll get a check out to you in the morning Gary.

Thanks,
    Mike

14. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

OK IF YOU BUY MINE AND DON'T LIKE IT SEND IT BACK FOR A FULL REFUND !!

15. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I really like the look of your barrel rest. That should be the answer for those who use Muller or titanium choke tubes that do not work with the usual magnets. I'll be ordering one soon.

16. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

2 MORE SOLD NOW 3

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Good to see a new product. As for these guys goating you into a "mine is better than yours" You should learn to stay away from those grade school games.

I own Garys but looking at yours I see some things that may work better. For example, the larger hole with the taper will help get those mushroom, scunched shells in the better. Garys is more precision and tends to not let the really messed up shells in.

I also like the hook blade, the razor blade works fine but the hook may work faster.

Negatives, it looks like my hs sons woodshop project. The cutting arm looks to be hand carved and notched and a nail as a depth gauge is not the product of a finished product ready for market. JMO.

18. JLYON

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

just made it as simple as i could, well i can get fancy and you will pay more right!

19. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

0   0   0

I have one of JLYON's shell cutters. It is very well made and does the job! It does it very quickly and precisely. To be honest, I have not tried the other one.
    But like another member pointed out on here, and which is what I had thought; that the curved blade cuts much faster that a straight razor blade will. This cuts the shell completely in ONE rotation of the shell.

I have to agree on another thing....... I am very surprised at how rudely this seller/member was treated! Absolutely no need for that foolishness. He offered a product for sale and several members tore him a new one.

I have met this guy in person as I sometimes shoot at another club as a guest of a co-worker. He happens to be a member there. He does sell many products. And he does make several of them himself. He does have a handicap and has only one hand. That was in very poor taste to ask him how it would work with no hands. Please. Really?!? Is that how you would like to be treated? Or have a family member treated?

I know him well enough to know (and as I have other friends that have dealt with him locally also) that he can be trusted. Check, MO, or credit card should not be a concern. And this is coming from me, a guy who is a retired police officer.

20. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

0   0   0

I would hate to have to live with some of the guys on this forum,all of this
    over this,??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.