1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fruit cakes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

this is a serious post who manks the best order or store bought fruit cake have tried to make them but dont taste like moma had its that time of the year would like some input thanks rick

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Fruit cakes are sometimes used in place of targets, but they don't break as easy!I have a big, beautiful ,blond bombshell who throws 'em for me to!She bakes 'em to!

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

For my money, you can't beat the ones made by the Trappist monks of the Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri.

Morgan

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention....we got a few on this website to!Sorry.....the Devil made me do it!

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Collins street Bakery. Very good fruit cake.

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Grunt has it right. Collins Street ships em all over the world. Absolutely the best.

I forgot to mention that they come in a tin can, makes a good target when the cake is all gone.

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hipshot you got that right are you sure you are not onee of them.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Ok Sorry guess the devil made me do it also.

Foggy

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Claxton Fruitcakes, both light and dark, are excellent.

Best,
    Dennis

9. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I recall seeing a show about a fruit cake company in Texas that had been around for long time. Claimed the best fruit cake ever. I recall that they claimed if you addressed a request to the best fruit cake in Texas it would get to them. But for the life of me, I can't remember any more. Good luck. Jake

10. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

It was always my understanding that there have only ever been about a dozen fruitcakes in existance. That, whenever you recieved one in the mail, you imediately re-mailed it to someone else. It was my belief that this has been going on for the last 50-60 years.

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Also, the make a beautiful fire.

12. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Believe it or not, these from Hostess are really good. Put them in the fridge for a couple months to cure, and they are great. Scroll down page about 1/2 way for a good picture. Bon Apetit.

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Thats the one. Thanks. Jake

14. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Jakeroo, I think he meant Corsicana.

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I sure miss my Mother's, I know that! Home made for Christmas. Those were the good old days. Great memories. Bob H.

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Subject: fruit cakes
    Date: Mon, Nov 05, 2007 - 07:01 PM CT

Lumpercake, no dont care for it. G

Gordon ... why are you trying to involve me? This is exactly what trolls do. I have done nothing but to mention you in positive ways trying to steer business in your direction and you seem to want to act like your normal self with your vain trolling attempts. Thanks for showing many just what type of person you actually are.

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Foggy.........I resemble that remark! Yes, I admit I are one to! Fruity Tootey Little Rooty!

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Hipshot 3

Ok im sorry to call you a fruit cake maybe you are just a well dam'n can't think of the word right now if I do I will come back and tell you but I really think you are not in the fruit cake status!!!!

So carry on with the rest of us different people on here.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

19. nicky

nicky Member

Boy have I been living under a rock or what, This whole time I thought fruitcake was just that, fruit and cake baked together. However after reading all of these responses, now I don't have a clue whats in one !

20. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"This whole time I thought fruitcake was just that, fruit and cake baked together. However after reading all of these responses, now I don't have a clue whats in one !"</I>

Let me help you with that one...

This picture was taken in the bakery of the Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri, as the Trappist Brothers are preparing their world-famous fruitcakes for aging. What they're doing is siphoning brandy directly from the bottles right onto the fruitcakes before wrapping them for aging. They'll do this 3 times before packaging their cakes. Commercial bakeries add the brandy to the batter and bake it into the cake where the heat adulterates the flavor.
    <center>[​IMG]</img></center>

The fruits used in these cakes are fresh fruits that the Brothers chop and marinate in brandy themselves. They don't use those cubed, chewy, sugar laden chunks of mystery mango that you find in commercial fruitcake.

You have no idea what you're missing if you've never ordered one of these little gems!

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.