1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

<> <> Fruit Cake II <> <>

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gold E, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I just received two fruitcakes from the Assumption Abbey Bakery, ordered on the recommendations of the earlier fruitcake thread. One was to be a gift but screw that! After one small slice, I decided to keep both for myself; I’ll get that old fart some socks.

If you’ve always treated fruitcake as something that should be launched from a hand trap and shot with 7½s, then you haven’t tried these! Absolutely fantastic!

2. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

I didn't think GN7777 wore socks.

LL

3. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

I've always treated fruitcakes to a generous dose of a good burbon. (Learned that from my Uncle Jim) Let it soak in for a week or two and you'll have something that approaches etable.

The Bayrat - ECT
    POC, Texas

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"I've always treated fruitcakes to a generous dose of a good burbon. (Learned that from my Uncle Jim) Let it soak in for a week or two and you'll have something that approaches etable."</I>

If you do that with an Assumption Abbey fruitcake, you will absolutely WRECK it. They've already been treated with something better!

Morgan

5. hairy

hairy TS Member

I bought one on Morgan's recomendation. It came and was so damn good I ordered 3 more. The other morning a bunch of my customers were in for coffee. I brought out one of the fruitcakes and told them to try this. Before they left I had to give the address for Assumption Bakery to 6 different people. I've got one cake left and I'm going to TRY to save it until Christmas.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... when I saw the subject line I thought it was just another thread about somebody on this site but boy was I wrong, its actually about fruit cake!

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

we bake our fruitcake's with a generous portion of good rum in them...something like Appelton's Estate, Myer's Planter's Punch or somesuch like that...it's good for what ails yuh!!

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Send one to me and I will review it for you

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

The one from Collin Street Bakery was less than satisfying, but I have not tried the one from Assumption Abbey yet, but I do have it in possesion. Also Claxton Bakery in Claxton Ga. make a pretty good one. JMHO Bill

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I do that too!!! And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Big Ron

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh, Zar, you'be been away too long man...this place has turned into a veritable old ladies' knitting circle of fruitcake afficionados since you left.

Speaking of esoteric, urbane culinary wonders...have you had a Stuckey's Pecan Log lately?

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I have a couple of friends that visit once in awhile that would qualify as a fruit cake.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fog

13. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

i got both the abbey and the collins i like the collins and wife liked the abbey both are very good the abbey has more walnuts and collins has mor pecans and fruit and a little cheaper but cost is not what i was looking at both are about same size collins is $21 and $3 to ship abbey is $28 and $7 shipping will get 2 more before first of year OH for you all that dont like them you have NEVER ate a good one rick

14. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Hell I thought that this was about lumby or tron. FD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.