1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

frosh wins Heisman

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

If intrested, sure aggie will be in on this. Johnnie football wins heisman trophy. First time ever for a freshman. I wonder if he will get it more than once.
    Oh yea.

2. dss8110

dss8110 Member

He is a sophomore at A&M this is his 2nd year?

3. 7771

7771 Active Member

Should have been Marqise Lee #9 USC Trojans.

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Dss8110, He's red shirt freshman, that means his first year of varsity ball. He has 3 more years of eligibility. to most that adds up to freshman since he has soph yr2, jr yr3, and sr yr4 still left to play.

5. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

I saw this kid and his team beat Alabama - he's the real deal. He's exciting to watch, and adds a whole new dimension to college football - a young man who speaks clearly and intelligently - and plays pretty good football too. I saw all three finalists play (on TV), and think he deserved the award.

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Johnny Football should be thankful that A&M joined the SEC for the South demographics gave him all the votes. I don't know if A&M is in the "big leagues" when A&M padded the score on : SMU 48-3, South Carolina State 70-14, Arkansas 58-10, Auburn 63-21, Missouri 59-29 and that football powerhouse Sam Houston State 47-28. Let's seee what Johnny Football does against Oklahoma.

blade819

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Manziel deserved it all the way. Throwing for 3,419yds., 24 TD's, 1,181 yrds. rushing and 19 more scores. Just got the starting job 2 weeks before the season. Besides, the Heisman is a southern trophy. It needs to stay here for a while. Charlie

8. Aggie.

Aggie. Member

Blade, did you see him play? He did pretty well against Alabama, and not too bad against the rest of the ranked teams he played.

9. blade819

He's a good QB. BUT... unlike DoubleAuto who seems to be afraid to make a logical argument without throwing out insults, CharlieAMA hit the nail on the head. It's a Southern Trophy. Most of the votes are south of the Mason Dixon line. As for "my boy" Teo, that's ok he won every other important trophy and is playing for the National Championship. Johnny Footbal now has the distictive honor of living up to the hype for the next year maybe two.

blade819

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

A Freshman has not had enough exposure to be a Heisman winner. Winner should come from an undefeated team like Miller from Ohio State.

1oldtimer

11. blade819

1oldtimer...I disagree. The Hiesman Trophy should go to the most outstanding College Football Player who contributed his talents to the success of the team including his academics. IMO you should have to be like the old days, a Senior. But Arcie Griffin broke that mold I believe.

blade819

12. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Miller who?

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Galt, Ever heard of the undefeated Miller?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.