1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Front Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

Does anyone have any personal information or experience with a shooting training facility called "Front Sight". It's in Nevada and, on first glance, looks like a scam targeted to VERY wealthy gun folks.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks...

Cap

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Went to the website. Looks legit to me. I certainly didn't see anything that screamed scam.

Now when i read other stuff that Google produced, I'm not so sure.

Matt

4. grntitan

Actually the more i read from Google the more it screams STAY AWAY!!! I believe your gut was right.

Matt

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have two buddies that joined basic life and recently upgraded. Top notch training and safety IS PRIORITY! It is expensive but so are many trap guns---so how is it different? I would take my own gun and ammo as we are currently selling handgun ammo for 1/2 price of what Front Sight sells it for. I am possibly going in the fall and am really looking forward to it.

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I also have a couple of pistol shooting buddies that go there every year for more self defense upgrades!To each his own. PJ

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

8. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Friend of mine retired Army Col went last year, came home went back with his wife. He had nothing but good things to say about it.

9. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Front Sight was orginally designed to be a combined resort/shooting facility and they were selling lots even before it was built. I don't think that ever happened.

It's located only a few miles from Parumph, where all those strip clubs and brothels are in Nevada. Of course, I'd never suggest that anybody goes there for any other reason than to improve their shooting skills.

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I am a Frontsight lifetime member..

It is is the best run school of any type I have ever been to. Bar None!

I can highly recommend this facility.

There is all kinds of negative BS out there on the internet, and there is negative BS about FrontSight also. I consider it to be exactly that,,,BS.
    I've been there 12 times and I have never seen anything that I would consider even slightly negative.

Personal experience trumps Google Shit.

There is alot of people who are full of shit and like to say negative things about successful people or places, F them! They are known as "haters". The internet just makes it easier to say this kind of crap because nobody can see you, and confront you directly. Can you say Chickenshit?

I have a membership that allows me to go to any class they offer or ever will offer, as many times as I want. They also have another facility in Alaska, and another facility coming back east somewhere. All I have to do is sign up via Email.

There are currently over 20,000+ members of the Front Sight Training Facility. If the place was FU it wouldn't have OVER 20,000+ members! They are running 4 pistol classes (40 ea class) right now, along with 3 rifle classes, and 2 shotgun classes plus probably more I don't know about. That's 360+ people there just "this weekend". Nobody else in this country is training that many people at once and doing it to a very high standard! It'll be that way again next weekend too. IN fact they have grown so much in the last year that they now have to offer weekday classes as well.

The guy that runs the place is a little over the top for my tastes. That being said, I don't deal with him. His original idea is still working and I don't go to socialize with Ignatius Piazza, I go to be trained in shooting skills. He came up with the training program and I think it is being done right because he is a 4 gun Combat Master and his facility is the only school to even produce a 4 gun Combat Master. There are several other schools that have produced 1 gun Combat Masters, but the vast Majority (all but 2-3) are from FrontSight. Front Sight also has the ONLY Ambidexterous Combat Master in existance and he is now 19 years old! That means he did the entire Combat Master Test with BOTH HANDS! If you know what the Combat Master test is like you'd be impressed to see someone do it with their strong hand, with both strong and weak hands this is pretty cool. This kid could literally shoot your eyes out with either hand at a dead run, in the rain, on Tuesday afternoon after 3 PM.

This school is by far the best training facility for shooting in the country. Others will say what about Gunsite or many of the others?

I say they don't have 20,000+ members. In fact I doubt they have even delivered 2,000 individual classes in their entire existance.

Here's a hot tip That is applicable to many things. When you hear negative shit about something that is really successful. Don't bet money on it! You've heard John Travolta is Queer? Well I know John Travolta and he ain't queer. But it must be true because someone wrote it. Reread this paragraph again until you get the idea. Which is don't believe everything you read.

Any ? just ask. I'm going next month for a Rifle class, and maybe a Pistol class too.

It works for me as all I have to do is email them and show up. I even get 40% off on my Ammo!

Randy

11. grntitan

Randy--Well put from someone who knows. I'm one who did the Google route and negative opinions was really the only info i could find. I agree you can't believe everything you read but i have always learned to error on the caution side. I'm glad you set the record straight for those interested. You also may note my first impression was a positive one. Then when i wanted more info it scared me what i was reading. I probably should have posted what i read and let others judge instead of stating my opinion only.

Matt

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

It's too bad that only the super wealthy can get this type of training. Sad there isn't something for "the little people". One class costs more than my entire monthly Social Security check...

13. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Capvan: Just got a postcard today from Front Sight offering Liberty Tree lifetime memberships at $300.

If you can't afford $300 for a lifetime membership that allows you to go to the most popular classes they offer as many times as you want for free, then you can't afford to shoot anyway.

goto http:/www.frontsight.com/liberty-tree2.asp for info on this deal.

Check it out and let me know if I can help you get started.

Matt: this is a excellent opportunity for you too.

Randy

14. grntitan

Randy--Thanks for the info and offer but at this time its a little too far for me to use. I just could not afford to travel that far for a class of any sort at this point in my life.

Matt

15. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

They have been around for several years. I wish they were in Western N.Y.,. I would sign up for a course. They used to advertise with Michael Savage. Larry

16. capvan

capvan Active Member

Yep, just too dang far for us Eastern folks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

front sights for trap guns

gun sight for trap shooting