1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Front Sight Blinder Attachment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Robster7, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Robster7

Robster7 Member

Has anyone used RVT Silicone when attaching a front sight blinder to a vent rib? I know it is used for afixing Derlin ribs; any issues removing the silicone if the blinder or rib is later removed? Is gasoline an effective solvent for RVT Silicone clean-up? Just sseeking some guidance from those who have traveled this road.

2. Idahobill

Idahobill Member

Go to NAPA and buy a roll of molding tape will hold and will come off easily if you want Bill

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use the very thin 2 sided tape that came with my Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic front bead; it holds very well when I used a hair dryer to install it. The ordinary 2 sided tape is too thick for this purpose. I have just recently gone from the 2 mm diameter Uni-Dot to the 3 mm diameter. If I decide to experiment again I might try the RTV.

4. slobhyunter

slobhyunter TS Member

use permatex silicone gasket maker,works perfect.Ricky Bell

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Yes Permatex Gasket in my favorite. Seems to take a bit longer to dry than RTV but it firms up real solid.

Use gasoline in your car not as a solvent. Mineral spirits or if any residue is really sticky try some Gunscrubber. Usually the silicone will peel off nicely.

6. Robster7

Robster7 Member

Thank you, all....