1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Front shotgun sight????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pahunter1, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

Feb 28, 2007
    I have been trying for along time to find information on a shotgun front sight I saw years ago. Shotgun News had ads for them. Late 80's early 90's. The sight fit over the barrel and would even fit ribed barrels. It looked like a gun sling swivel on the end of the barrel. It was rectangle in shape with about a 1/2 inch opening. It was supposed to be good for wing shooting. Does anybody have an idea what it was called or where they can be found? Thanks ED
  2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    This is probably what you are referring to... <center>

They were designed to fit on the barrel somewhere around the mid-bead so the front bead was still visible. That was the theory. In practice they were much too close to the shooter's eye to be of any value and more than one bird was missed because the shooter was focused on the box, not the bird... believe me.

They used to be available from a company called Sportsmens Guide but I haven't seen them in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shotgun sight rectangle