1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

From Observer to ATA Candidate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

At the Tucson Spring Grand yesterday, I stepped outside the clubhouse and said "howdy" to a stranger standing under the porch on my way out. After introductions, the man was full of questions about our sport. A quail hunter from Texas I found out that winters here in AZ. and does some hunting here in addition. I explained our game as best I could and asked him if he'd like to give it a try? He said I only have a skeet 1100 I use for quail hunting, I said no problem, I have one you can use!

I introduced him to our President, Lee Bachman who was outside also and made arrangements for him to shoot a round from the 16 alone! He did extremely well and loved it being his first round ever! After a ton of questions he said he's going to buy a trap gun and shoot more to get familiar with everything and join our ranks! Talk about a grown man being enthused about trap shooting!!

Thanks to the special help we got from the staff at the club for making this work!! All this from a simple "howdy" to a stranger that looked sorta out of place. Hap

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hap, I seem to attract that same person hanging around, looking mystified. Just a little chit chat usually brings the questions out. I've not had quite as complete of a conversion as yours in recent years but at least the new and confused fellow or family leaves knowing what they can or may want to do. Kudos to you....Bob Dodd

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Ditto!

Buz

4. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

Good for you !

Dan

5. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Way to go!

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, the point I wanted to stress is all of us should watch for potential shooters at each and every opportunity! We never know unless we do the inviting. It seems some of us are so caught up in our own game we neglect a very important part of how to bring about new members? This man was standing there and about ready to go back to his campgrounds. He told me he'd seen the lights the night before and wondered what was happening here and drove over to find out. Shy but a very nice guy once the ice was broken. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.