1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

from good to bad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dangerousdode, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dangerousdode

dangerousdode TS Member

Today I shot a 93 my first 100 & my second 100 was an 82 dose any body have any tips to help me shoot good bolth rounds.

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You are the only one that can really answer that. I would suggest fundamentals and concentration on the little details. Control all the little things and the bigger ones will work themselves out. Good luck, John

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

wich would be closer to your average? I know for me depending on how long between sets of 100. I tend to get tired. If its hot and sticky out I tend to shoot not so good as the day goes on. Dehydration and getting tired affects your vission more than you may notice. Also waiting around to shoot you can loose intrest or if your thinking about getting home. Lack of basics and focus most likly cause, brought on by all above issues and 100s more. My guess you let one to many misses get to you. Question. Did you start missing birds in the begining or end of you 100 shots or where your misses spread out. When I look at my score sheets at local club my misses seem to be bunched up close to each other.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

One thing to consider is the cumulative effect of recoil. I shoot better on the second event when I stay with light loads. I now shoot 1 ounce at 1180 fps for both singles and handicap and have great confidence in the load. An extra 1/8 oz of shot or another 50 fps adds up when you shoot 200 or more targets.

Another thing to consider is the effect of heat, light and/or wind. As you get tired, every little thing seems to bite you in the butt.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What was different?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

The problem could be simply be due to mental attitude. Several times in a 200 bird race, I have ran the first 100. I then go the the line for the second 100 thinking that I am finally a really good shooter and I have got this game figured out. Anyone reading this post knows the rest of my story.

Pat Ireland

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Funny you should mention that! Happened to me once also. All you need is more sex. Thats the best tip I can give you.

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I used to have this same problem. When I presented it to Gil and Vicky Ash, they told me to stop thinking about the score(s) I just shot.
    Think of nothing but the bird about to come out in front of you.

Helped me........

9. 68sscamaro

68sscamaro TS Member

to be fair it was a 100 bird event that dangerous dode took first place in d class with his 93.. the 82 he shot was in handicap from the 19 yd line..this is his first year shooting trap (sub junior) and he does seem to have trouble with consistancy, he has a 89% average with about 2000 16 yd singles.. he will be at the leo harrison clinic next monday, so maybe they can work a few things out...

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Just sounds like he let the extra yardage sych him out. Young kids can loose focus fast. Intrest may have dwindled a bit buy handicap event. We have to young shooters at our club. The first few rounds the y shoot very well. but buy 3 or 4 scores go way down, you can see them loose intrest. 200 shots for a sub junior can be a lot. I bet if he just shot the Caps his score would have been better.

11. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Good gun + professional fitting + good coaching + correct practice is a great way to build a good fundamental foundation. Wont solve all your problems but is a darn good way to start. You will learn more from a good fitter and a good coach in 1 day, than you will discover on your own in a year. Saves time and money. Yours in shooting, Todd Nelson

12. 68sscamaro

68sscamaro TS Member

Todd, dangerous dode will be at the mo fall handi. mon. and sat. if you have time maybe you could have a look at him.. he shoots a browning xt with adj butt plate and comb..

13. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Send him over. Ask for Aaron. I will be in Texas. Aaron will be there with Mobile workshop #2. He can be reached on cell @ 256-627-8420. Thanks Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.