1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frist Trap Gun: Pics as Promised

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by greenhorn, Jun 2, 2013.

1. greenhorn

greenhorn Member

Thanks to everyone who weighed in my previous post and made the decision for my first trap gun a little easier. I purchased the Ljutic Mono as pictured below, sorry ahead of time for the quality of photos. Hopefully the small crack in the stock can be seen that had me concerned. I was able to purchase another Ljutic stock at auction last week, and may or may not install it based on your comments. How bad do you guys think it is, is it worth fixing, and who should I have fix it?
    greenhorn_2013_0705.jpg

greenhorn_2013_07051.jpg

greenhorn_2013_07052.jpg

2. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

For what its worth,it does'nt look that bad from here. If you can shoot it now,just use it till it go's then use the new stock.That little crack may never budge and your worrying for nothing.J.M.H.O. good luck with it

3. alf174

alf174 Member

Smart move buying it, now just shoot it. If it gets bigger than it gets bigger, so what? Swap the stocks, have someone drill small holes at the ends and fill with glue. You're way ahead already.

4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

Nice... good luck shooting with this gun!
    I see that a newer Ljutic Dynokic / Centennial Pro breech release button with the extended finger area has been retrofitted to the gun (the stainless steel type). that will make it easier to open. Use your middle finger to open it up to save you trigger finger from soreness and tendonitis.

I am sure you will have a good time with it.... take it out to the patterning board to see where it shoots.

Art

5. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great purchase for a starter gun. Very smart move. You won't be sorry. Built like a tank.

Good luck!

6. plaw

plaw Active Member

You cannot wear these guns out,work with it learn to shoot it and never look back,of course if you are like most trapshooters you will be shopping at the next big shoot.

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Dittos on the above.

To many, and myself, you have the Holy Grail of trap guns.

Regards.....Gerald

8. greenhorn

greenhorn Member

Does anyone have any experience with the stock currently on the gun. I believe it is a JS model, but I am not sure. My question is if the stock should "bottom out" on recoil. I can collapse the stock by hand to bottom out with relative facility, could this be the culprit for the crack? Any help or I.D. would be appreciated!

9. thunder

thunder Active Member

Nice Gun. If it was mine I would get hold of JS custom stocks and send him a picture of the stock and ask about your stock setting. Everyone I seen collapsed fairly easy with light setting. He also should be able to fix that crack.
    Good luck

Search tags for this page

trap gun pics