1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frigon trap guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Can anyone tell me anything about them? Are they any good? Thanks, Bulge.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They are ok until they break. Parts are starting to become a problem for these guns.

ss

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

years ago frenchy frigon sold these guns under his own name. if i remember correctly he also sold a combo set. to me, they resembled a perazzi shotgun. i think he sold them for $350.00 or $450.00. shooters who purchased them said frenchy also included a repair kit, or one could be purchased at a real reasonable price. the guns were made in europe, can't remember what country. for the money they were a good gun. i knew 3 guys who purchased them and they were all flat shooters. at the time he was selling them, the bt99 was selling around $600.00, and the ithaca century a little less.
    steve balistreri

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Just a quick note...I CANNOT get the more critical parts. Pat Gottberg and I believe Tom Larkin have purchased the remaining inventory from the Frigons. If anyone nees to have their Frigon serviced, go directly to one of those two.

Because I deal directly with Marocchi in Italy for parts, they have told me that they cannot help much anymore with the Frigon Guns. The Frigons do not share some parts with the Marocchis.

Doug Braker

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Thank you everyone. Bulge.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Frenchy, one of the memorable characters in trapshooting for decades, gave the Trapshooting Hall of Fame nearly sixty Frigons for distribution to young shooters, one per state or province. Quite a gift from a small firm and symbolic of his lifelong interest in young shooters and his commitment to both coaching and helping them

He was a great guy and I must have bought/traded/sold twenty or thirty guns, several chronographs, bushels of bore cleaner, endless stocks, and even a couple of knives from him. You had to time things carefully, however, and make sure you didn't pause at his display if you had to be somewhere else in the next half-hour (or half-day) or so. I got half my knowledge of trapshooting history from Frenchy, and it was first-hand since he had, in fact, "been there."

Without Frenchy and his chronographs and instructions from Jim Brown of Lincoln, setting targets by chronograph and radar might never have happened.

Neil

7. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Funny - my K80 is a 'frigon' trap gun whenever I miss:^)

8. rkenly

rkenly TS Member

So what would a double barrel Frigon trap gun be worth?

I bought one from Frenchy probably 22-25 years ago. (I replaced it with a Beretta 682X) I haven't shot it for 20 years, and someone asked what I wanted for it. They want a O/U so they can shoot doubles.

I want to be fair... When I was shooting it, I got pretty good with it - a real slump when I first left it for the Beretta. But I don't remember what I paid for it, and I while I read that they aren't well thought of, I had no complaints with it. When I bought it, I really wanted a Perazzi, and it looked like one, and was always mistaken by one - so it met the requirements.

Regards,

>>>Rod<<<

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Well thanks for all the info. There is one coming up for auction shortly and I was thinking of buying it but don't know what to pay. It is a SBT. Any thoughts? Bulge.

10. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Neil, thanks. It is a true compliment to have my name associated with Frenchy. He truly gave much more to the sport than he took.

jim brown

11. FNG

FNG Member

If you're interested, I have a couple Frigon sets for sale on this site
    (A search for "Frigon" will lead you to my posting on 18 Jan.) I got the prices out of the Blue Book of Gun Values. Since there hasn't been much interest, I probably have them priced too high. Take a look and if you're interested, I'm flexible on the price. Thanks
    Phil Barry

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bulge, mine is a frigon trap club when it doesn't shoot where i aim it!!!

13. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

'bulge,

I wouldn't want to spend anymore than $400 on a Frigon SBT. At $400 it would have to be in 95% condition or better and everything has to function like it should.

ss

14. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Just for information-at "Madison County Guns"--Alexandria,In. 1-765-724-7960---(ask for Chico)---there are two Cased Frigon Trap guns--a single(FT-1),and a (FT-C)combo-

(each gun has 2 buttstock(s)left,and right hand palm-swell)

--both were rebuilt by Frenchy at THE GRAND,I belive the last year he attended(the grand)--

PS--I have a 4 barrel skeet set(not for sale-unless you REALLY want it),a Frigon "Patch",and a Frigon Pin...

Tom

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tom- Frenchy was a great guy and my friend. He imported the guns but I do not think he ever worked on them. There were some similarities between Frenchy and the old Herters Catalogs (few will understand this comment).

Pat Ireland

16. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Pat, Frenchy would work on the guns in such as to change out parts needed. It also did this on Perazzis if he knew you well enough and or you spent enough money with him.

17. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Pat

I stopped by Frenchys'tent(at THE GRAND)-----with my Frigon Patch showing on my shooting vest---when his wife? saw the patch,she cleaned 3 sets of barrels for me---they gave me a "cleaning kit"---rebuilt both guns---and gave me a "cased set" of fireing pins and springs(still have them)---

GREAT PEOPLE

Tom

18. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Many years ago at the Iowa State shoot, I stopped by Frenchy's tent to look at guns. We started talking about trap shooting, and the fact came up that I was left eye dominant and shot with one eye closed.

Frenchy said I should be shooting with both eyes open. He left his tent unattended, took me to the practice trap, paid for 25 birds, and coached me for at least 20 minutes.

I'm still a one eyed shooter, but I will always fondly remember Frenchy.

19. rayfrigon

rayfrigon TS Member

Neil, Thank you very much for the nice comments about my dad. He loved trapshooting and being with trapshooters. Ray Frigon

20. rayfrigon

rayfrigon TS Member

Hi Jim, Thank you very much for the nice comments about my dad. He loved trapshooting and being with trapshooters. Ray Frigon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
frigon firearms
frigon ft-c trap

frigon guns

frigon shotgun

frigon shotguns

frigon trap ft1 combo
frigon trap gun
frigon trap guns