1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Freedom of Speech Under Attack Now

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bucko43, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Got this is an email today. It happened a month ago. Did anybody hear about this in the media????

2. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I disagree with this law. Please don't get me wrong. But I have felt for year that thos people who demonstrate when a president is walking down the street do very little good. I think they are immediately dismissed as members of the fringe element.
    What has concerned me more over the years are the cases where people have lost their jobs, or have been denied there income or property because they have exercised their right of free speech. Very often, in private. Here are just a few examples:
    1.) Secretary of Agriculture, Earl Butts tells a racist joke on an airplane

and is overheard and loses his job.

2.) Golf announcer Ben Wright expresses a couple of opinions on women in

golf, is overheard by someone at another table, and is fired from

broadcasting.

3.) Marge Schotz (sp?) the owner of the Cinninatti Reds Baseball team,

made a remark in a meeting that was construed as racist and was denied

access to her team and stadium for a year.

4.) Jimmy the Greek expressed an opinion on the athletic superiority of

African Americans, and was fired as a columnist.

I could go on and on with other examples, but you see the trend. Whether you agree or disagree with the opinions expressed by these people is not relevant. The point is, in America, they should be able to speak them without penalty!!!!! Jack Farrow

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Like Alan West said, we have communist in our mist(DC and news media)!!! Mostly Democrats and Rino's

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Okay - then lets muddy the waters a bit. Jim Zumbo made some less than complimentry remarks about what he thought the only purpose of the beloved black rifle was. He promptly lost his gig as the host of an outdoor TV show.

Did he deserve it?

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Depends on what he said and what was in his contract.

I got involved in becoming a Hunter Ed instructor over 20 years ago because there was an instructor telling students that "handguns" had no place in the sport of hunting.

The instructor had the right to his opinion BUT he was WRONG.

I don't know what Jim said about "Black guns", but I know this, "A house divided can not stand". A firearm is a firearm, doesn't matter what it looks like!

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wolfram,,,,,what got Jim in trouble was the potential LOSS of many gun owners,,,,,while many here only think trap gun/shotguns should be protected under the 2nd amendment since they don't have a rifle (assault or not) or pistol,,,,,,when all gun owners care about everyone who shoots, we will have less trouble from DC

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm not taking Zumbo's defense .... considering his profession it was a dumb thing to say and he paid for it.

Just throwing that out there in the context of the limits of 'freedom of Speech'.

My personal thoughts on the black rifle is that they aren't the wonder stick many make them out to be and I don't currently have one. But I do have a beloved M1A that has all the necessary characteristics to be deemed evil as well as a safe full of other hardware that I just a soon not have banned. I get the scare tactics used by the "do gooders" and the fact that they are simply a smoke screen to get down to the true objective.

8. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

i got it. Somebody works for me and says something I don't like, I shouldn't have the right to fire him. I don't know about you guys, but there are many things, that if I said them, I might expect to get fired for.
    It's part of the free enterprise, capitalistic system.

Same thing goes for any organization I join. I obey the rules or get out.

When you work for somebody, they pay you for the services you are providing. If they don't like how you are providing those services, they have the right to "release" that employee. Remember the "Golden Rule" Those who have the gold rule. Of course, if your don't like the work circumstances, you are free to find other employment.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    wolfram, quote: <i>"Okay - then lets muddy the waters a bit. Jim Zumbo made some less than complimentry remarks about what he thought the only purpose of the beloved black rifle was. He promptly lost his gig as the host of an outdoor TV show.

Did he deserve it?"</i>

#### ya he deserved it.

We're talking about a supposed friend pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining.

A lot of gunowners are sick and tired of Fudds like him with latent gun banning tendencies only upholding PART of the Second Amendment, instead of all of it. He doesn't care if my AR15 or your trap gun get banned, as long as he gets his gift hunt in.

Despite being rewarded with a hunting show, free guns, free hunts, free ammo, free yadda yadda yadda, this anti-gun leech turns around and craps on his fellow gun owners. Then shills for the NRA, thinking that since he has their card in his wallet no one will ever question his de facto anti-gun shilling for Sarah Brady.

I find it very satisfying that he opened his yap right before Remington brought out their R15 rifle. The drawbridge was open and he ran that train right into the river.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.