1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free trade - Colombia, Panama, South Korea

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Last Friday Obama signed a FTA with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea.

Just wondering why the people who get riled about NAFTA have had nothing to say about this trade agreement?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Any free trade agreement is not good for the USA and its industry. It seems we always are on the short end of the stick when it comes to a trade agreement.

Do people who dislike NAFTA have to comment on every trade agreement to satisfy your curiosity or are you just looking to ridicule someone?

Just wondering and also wondering why the comment on it???

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I would comment on it but what good would it do? You or Seattle Sue would bite my head off and make it a "union" thing.

LMAO

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Where is Big Balls Bob?

5. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

Nafta was like first getting stabbed.Ouch that effin hurt!
    This one is the blade being pushed a little deeper.
    Incremental death,the slippery slope is here.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

These trade issues are so interesting, because they point up Truths #1 and #2 about Union people:

#1) They are just like Blacks. They will keep voting for the same party, over and over, even after it keeps giving them the shaft. The Democrats know this, and plan on it.

#2) They are in denial. The democrats can hump the Unions on Free Trade like a drunk sorority girl, and they will keep trying to claim it was the "Republicans" who did it to them.

It's really quite hilarious to watch.

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

This is not a union "thing"

Galt, I'm right here and at least I have balls, balls that work!

8. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Here we go again Buzz-gun. I can't believe how bigotted some of you people are.

You sit here and ridicule anyone that does not believe the same things or beliefs as you. I wonder just how tough some of you old Phucks would be face to face in a real discussion. It's easy to sit in your home or shack and type stupid, bigotted crap on a computer when you know no one is close to you. It is a shame that you are so one-sided. I'm sure that the whole time you were making your living that you would have defended your right to have the career you chose so why don't you shut the phuck up and leave the rest of us alone to make our living as we choose??

KMA buzz-gun.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

WOW!! Can't comment on the whole union vs nonunion thing. But if it hurts American workers the bamster certainly seems to be all over that!!

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

LOL BIG BAD BALLS. Funny how big testicles are usually accompanies by a tiny appendages- at least that's what your first ex-wife says and she should know since she's also your first cousin, once removed and your Great Aunt.

11. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

I don't think BigBad Bob is from Arkansas or Kentucky. I've never seen him on Jerry Springer. LOL

12. dalog

dalog Member

Don't know about Columbia or Panama but the Korea deal doesn't sound like Obama has our best interest at heart.

"We are told KORUS will create more exports, but the principal exports will be American jobs. The Economic Policy Institute estimates that KORUS will cost us 159,000 jobs.

The U.S. International Trade Commission also admits that KORUS will cause significant job losses. Those job losses will extend from low-end industries to electronic equipment manufacturing, where the victims will be Americans who were making an average wage of $30 an hour in 2008."

Hit the link for more

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The US has NEVER benefitted from ANY free trade agreement. Every one we've signed is always one sided. We buy their cheap labor crap without an import tax and they buy NOTHING from us. Just like NAFTA, no US trucks into Mexico but the TEX-MEX cocaine express now has unrestricted access to all US interstates and juristrictions.

Apparently our government officials just can't fn read. I suppose it's because the free trade agreements we sign don't have pictures for the reading and writing impaired.

Another pitiful dose of government ignorance by the 535 elected turds.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Those people who bought 1.287 trillion of US exports must be stupid because they bought NOTHING, according to daddeo. Amazingly, the US became the 3rd largests exporter in the world by exporting nothing at all. Damn that Obbbuba POTUS is good!

15. daddiooo

and Chinas' purchases from the US? Oh excuse me, that's right we sold them a bunch of bundled up worthless mortgage crap along with our souls and our childrens future. Let's see then there's Argentina, we bought oil, gas, beef and then there's Brazil we bought coffee, lithium for batteries and Ford paid them to make cars real cheap...geee John it's hard to figure
    out what we exported except jobs, technology, our debt.....hhhhmmmm you may have a point.

Wait a minute we did sell some wheat to Russia...and missle guidance parts.
    Then there were those arms sales to the 3rd world that are now being used against us. Guns to Mexico....I guess that's about it.

Hardly NOTHING at all.

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sure thing and all those Boeing airliners are nothing too. Geez what a fantasy spinner.

17. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

While making up yarns is thrilling for some, others prefer the facts. The above URL is a good start.

18. daddiooo

John,

Looked at the URL and after King Barrys' statment, which is in italics, the very first statement "given our sizeable trade deficit"....

That was my whole point...lopsided trade imbalance. No fantasy or yarns there, we're always on the short end of the stick when the words "Free Trade Agreement" appears with a grinning politician in the background.
    I have noticed that the words "Fair or Equal Trade Agreement" never seem to be anywhere in the deal.

Still....my whole point.

We're a consumer society. What we take in is comparable to a mountain chain as opposed to what we export being more like a speed bump in the road. It's just a bit more than nothing. That's all.

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Big Bad,

I don't ridicule anyone's career choice (except maybe Gene777, who makes his living suing the US Taxpayer - then chastises someone who owns their own business for not being entrepreneurial enough). Anyone who does honest work for honest pay makes an honorable living in my book.

If you actually read my post - rather than just reacting emotionally to the first thing you think you disagree with - you'll see that what I ridicule is unions SUPPORTING DEMOCRATS, AFTER THEY SHAFT YOU.

Read what I said:

1) Unions are like blacks - they always support the same party, regardless what it does to them ( >>> TRUE.)

2) No matter how bad the Democrat party hurts unions, the unions always claim it's the Republicans' fault ( >>> TRUE.)

So, Big Bad...how can you refute that? Provide evidence of where a Union supported Republicans? Or where a Union admitted, "Gee, you know...maybe, just MAYbe, all our troubles in life were not created by Republicans, like my Union rep said they are?"

(And incidentally...if someone _were_ actually trying to portray Union members as buck-toothed, low-brow cretins...it would be pretty hard to do a better job than you did with your profanity-laced post full of "phuck" words, wouldn't it, Mr. Gentleman? Maybe you better repair your posting to comply with the forum rules, and learn how to tolerate those who disagree with you).

20. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Buzz-gun, isn't that the same thing as the Republicans? Die-hard Republicans vote Republican for 1 of 2 things, gun rights or abortion.
    If you are so adamant about gun-rights, you will vote Republican no matter who is running. If you are pro-life, you will vote Republican. What's the difference?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.