1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Tobacco..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I tried smoking and just couldnt do it, tried skoal and it set my mouth on fire.. then one evening, my 11 yr old daughter was going to pull her pulling truck at a local tractor pull and there was a trailer from Fred Stoker giving out 1 pound bags of Tennessee Chew.. well I took one mainly because it was free..lol.. well I'm now wondering just how free it was.. I bet in the last 2 years I have chewed 25 pounds of that stuff....hahaha..

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Wish I could learn to hate Copenhagen ....

3. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Once your addicted to Cope, ain't nuthen else that works.... Darn stuff has had a hold on me for over 30 years now. Ex wanted me to quit once. Bout 5 days of that noncence and she up and bought me a can!

4. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I smoked for 50 years. Cigarettes at first then cigarettes and a pipe, then after cigarette taxes went up another 50cents/pack 10 years ago, just the pipe. I quit "cold turkey" over 4 years ago. I tried Tootsie Pops. They are better than tobacco and I hardly buy them anymore. Name brand cigarettes in NY are about $7-8.00/pack individually. Do the math and QUIT!! Good Luck to you! Larry Evans

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was a heavy smoker, 4 to 5 packs a day everyday and smoked all day long ... I had a massive heart attack and quit cold turkey that minute as they were loading me into an Ambulance ... I never missed them for even one second of any day after that ... I never could chew but tried it a time or two and heaved my guts up each time so I guess I was lucky in more ways than one ... The don't have enough money to get me going on any of that crap again even if it was free ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

if you ever quit once never ever start again .the 2nd time is very very hard to quit.it has been 11 years since i quit the 2nd time .there were days when people said hello i wanted to take a club to them.i think it was called zyban that i was prescribed to help with the severe mood swings i encountered.. .it took about 2 years to totally shake the urge the 2nd time.3 packs of kool filter kings a day will do that to you. i guess i was fortunate to quit even though i have put on 80plus pounds. i couldn,t afford to buy them anymore.dwain

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Grow you own smoke, its cheaper that way. Taste better too.

Gne J

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Darn release lighter!!!~

Gne J

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Grow my own I will !!

10. jhoward

jhoward Member

I've never tried dip or chewing tobacco. When I was young, I guess about 10 years old, we were friends with a family in which every male in the household chewed Redman. We visited about once a week to play Rook, Spades, or Hearts. The whole time we were playing cards they would be spitting into coffee cans, those cans STANK, so bad that it was all I could do to sit at the table and play. I remember asking why they spit and the response was something along the lines of that it would make you sick if you swallowed it. I could never understand why anyone would want to chew on something that would make you sick if you swallowed it, turned your teeth brown, and stank the way that stuff did.

11. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

The cope is pretty good. 27+ years. Funny I just went to the dentist today and she said she wouldn't know that I dipped had I not told her.

Of course I have cut way down. I limit myself to just a couple a day for no more than half an hour each which is way better than the old days. I also make a conscious effort to switch sides and locations each time a throw one in. I tried the other stuff over the years and I swear that skoal, kodiak, etc... has to be even worse than the cope on one's mouth. That stuff just burns... The old cope just soothes...

There was a time that we would even put a few drops of Jack in the tin... Now that was good...

Now I chew so little that there are times I will pitch a tin of cope that is 1/3 full because it is dried up.

I figure like just about all other bad habits, i.e., sweets, fatty foods, booze, soft drinks, etc... moderation is not tooooo bad....
    Of course what do I give a care for now? I am going to get free obamey care!

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have a retired Doctor, I shoot with. He made a remark one time, that every person he had to tell that they had lung cancer, quite smoking that instant. He said he was amazed at how easy it was for them to quit.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A local high school kid was chewing two cans of Cope a day. He got cancer and had to have his jaw removed, completely. Still didn't help and he died.

I've never tried tobacco in any form. Good thing, too. When I had near fatal pneumonia 8 years ago the doctor told me it was so close that if I had smoked the diminished lung capacity would have put me over the edge.

14. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I just watched both of my parents die of lung cancer ... Mom went quickly from the time we found it she lasted 2 days and my dad fought for 5 years he quit after he found out and sadly in the last weeks his nerves got so bad he smoked again not that it hurt him by them... MMy brother and I never touched them but I'm sure we inhaled enough over the years growing up . I hope this stops just one out there or helps you quit .. you owe it to your kids our grandkids they don't want to watch you suffer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.