1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free to a young reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The intention is to give this scale to an young aspiring reloader. This scale has bountiful history. It was given to me as a gift from the late Paul Sedwick for time I spent helping him thru some computer issues. In all the years I knew an shot with Paul he seemingly always used new shells. But towards the end of his life he had stuff that had not been used for years and this scale likely is 40+ years old. It checks out against my 10-10 scale closely. I will send this scale to any youth that has intentions of using it to further his/her shooting endeavor. All I ask is that you send me a dig picture of yourself with the loader. It will make for good PR amongst us old curmudgeons. Here is the scale. Still has the original Pacific name tag on the unit. Email me please. NO cost to the recipient. But a young person, please. Thanks Jack

[​IMG]

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Very nice jesture Jack. I have some youth shooters but I dont know if any are reloaders. I have that exact same scale and still use it. I like the hydraulic scales. I have several

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

What a great guy!

ATTA BOY for our pal, Jack!

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

This is one of the nicest things anyone could do for a youngen.........let me buy ya a cold one when we meet.I think ya deserve it.

D.P.Reynolds

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Looks just like my old Hornaday scale that was made for them by Pacific. It's a fine scale, good job Jack.

Wayne

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm young at heart.......LOL

7. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

MIA:
    Very nice gesture. Gives me an idea, Over the years I have had numerous shooters on this site send me things requesting no charge as they just had no more use for an item that was just laying around. We should clean out our gun and reloading rooms and offer items free of charge to the younger shooters. I suggest we all list threads with any freebies that we no longer want. It beats just having these items sit for years unused and eventually just thrown away.
    Steve Balistreri

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Didn't Cole's Mom say he was interested in loading some .38 trap loads?

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

"sold" to David in White Bear Lake, MN. Just 30 minutes north of me.

And "Paul" is smiling on station 1.

10. James.c

James.c Member

hey jack you've got so many nice perazzi's you should donate one of those to a youth.LOL

PS: im a youth.LOL
    congrates to David.

11. bggwind

bggwind TS Member

At 37, I'm not certain if I would qualify as a "young" guy, but I am brand new to reloading and I just ordered a beam scale from Midway :-(

I think paying it forward is great, and we in the younger generations are lucky and thankful to have some great knowledge, know-how, and traditions to carry forward.

I can't wait to get my set up built and in production. I've been through my Lyman's cover to cover and I'm ready to roll.

Thanks again for putting up with us "know-it-all" yung-uns... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.