1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Stuff for a Junior or Super Vet

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mel Moose, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Guys

Having given up the sport of shooting, I have a few things that need to go to someone who can use them.

1) Custom Shooting Bag, cordura, black in color, will hold eight boxes of shells. Used once, still in like new shape.

1) Chimere Shooting/Rain Jacket. Blue, XL size, has Angleport logo on the front and back.

These items are free to either a junior ( they are just getting started and need all the help they can get ) or to a Super Vet ( they made it this far, they have earned the respect of others ).

All you have to do is pay the shipping from 85008 zip code.

First email to say I'll take it, gets it.

YM

2. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Guys

Having given up the sport of shooting, I have a few things that need to go to someone who can use them.

1) Custom Shooting Bag, cordura, black in color, will hold eight boxes of shells. Used once, still in like new shape.

1) Chimere Shooting/Rain Jacket. Blue, XL size, has Angleport logo on the front and back.

These items are free to either a junior ( they are just getting started and need all the help they can get ) or to a Super Vet ( they made it this far, they have earned the respect of others ).

All you have to do is pay the shipping from 85008 zip code.

First email to say I'll take it, gets it.

YM

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

YM, sent ya an email from my grandaughter on the bag, thanks.

4. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Guys

All items have been spoken for. I have a few more jackets and vests that have my name and the Angleport team logo on them. If anyone is interested and thinks they can do some patch overlay work, let me know. I will never use this stuff again and it kills me to think of it just sitting in a box.

YM

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why are you giving up the sport??

Ed Yanchok

6. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Guys

I will unpack the boxes in the den and see what's there. As long as someone can come up with some patches to cover my name, there is some good stuff there.

Ed

Well, I have been shooting some sort of disipline since my teens, I will turn 44 in two weeks. After all those trips to the range, here and out of town, I have a box of trophies and a big hole in my checkbook to show for it. No real friendships, no real victories, nothing to show for the time spent away from family and friends and nothing to sit back and say, " I did that and I am happy for it".

I bought a BMW motorbike and have been traveling to anywhere I care to go, photographing what I see, and writing about it. The people and places have really struck a chord in me, as to what's out there, besides another trip to the range. Speaking of chords, I have been playing the guitar since I quit shooting, and cannot say how much I enjoy the sheer joy of creation of music. After a long session of shooting practice, I have a sore back and a lighter wallet, after a long music practice, I have learned something, feel relaxed and happy for the music I have made, and know it's something I can keep doing, long after the Dum-o-crats say shooting is no more.

So in short answer?, I gave up shooting because I wanted something more than a belt buckle or a trophy for my efforts. I will miss the feeling of being at the range and the excitement of breaking a hard shot, but no so much that I will ever go back.

YM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.