1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free NRA Year

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Carol Lister, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

I encouraged 2 co-workers to take advantage of the NRA's free year membership back in early February. Today one of them told me that she was glad it was free because she hasn't received any acknowledgment at all that she has become a member. Here comment was,

"They get to use my name for a year. It didn;t cost me anything but it was worth exactly what I paid for it."

When I asked the other person about her experience, she told me the same thing: never received anything.

You know... that's really a shame; these two will never consider a membership again!

Carol Lister

2. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

So, inorder to consider becoming a paid member your co-workers must first get something for nothing.

Oh well.

3. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

I had my son join using the free membership in February. We just received his membership today.
    Tom Dulin

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I signed up my grandson and received an email confirmation addressed to my grandson, but sent to my email. I never expected to receive any physical membership package for no fee - so it is what it is...

regards to all,

Jay

5. KF9VH

KF9VH TS Member

I talked to a friend of mine that signed up weeks ago for the free membership also. They have received nothing BUT an email today asking them to go to a paid membership. What wrong with that picture??????????

They were not asking "for something for nothing", the were taking advantage of the NRA offer for a free one year membership. I personally feel the NRA has really dropped the ball on this one.

6. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>"So, inorder to consider becoming a paid member your co-workers must first get something for nothing. Oh well."</blockquote>
    That WAS the deal, wasn't it. Why do you think the NRA is offering a free year membership for no charge, no strings. It's not because the NRA people are generous; they want to attract new members... they want to expose people to the NRA hoping that some will see enough value in it to pay for a membership next year.

How do you expect these people to react when they are offered a membership with no strings attached, they take the time to apply and take advantage and then no one on the other end takes the time even to acknowledge them?

Carol Lister

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.