1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free Market or Un American

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Think About This One!!!
    It is short but very interesting!

A car company can move it's factories to Mexico and claim it's a free
    market.

A toy company can out source to a Chinese subcontractor and claim it's a
    free market.

A shoe company can produce its shoes in Southeast Asia and claim it's a free
    market.

A major bank can incorporate in Bermuda to avoid taxes and claim it's a free
    market.

We can buy HP Printers made in Mexico . We can buy shirts made in Bangladesh
    . We can purchase almost anything we want from 20 different countries.

BUT, heaven help the senior citizens who dare to buy their prescription
    drugs from a Canadian or Mexican pharmacy. That's called un-American and
    illegal and our politicians want to stop it!

And you think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a powerful lobby?
    Think again!

Forward this to every person you know over age 50. It is an interesting
    thought. Maybe this is an issue that should come up in the next election!

Forget the 50, send it to everyone. We're all in this boat together! Even if
    you aren't in this boat now, you're standing on the pier.

I got this as an E Mail from a Friend and how true it is, just passing it on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

The only things I would buy from Mexico is Corona and Tequila. They can have the rest of their shit.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

The big reason drugs are cheaper in Canada is the Canadian govt subsidizes the hell out of the drug market. In other words the Canadian tax payers are picking up the slack.

Jim

4. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

America funds all the drug research that goes on (mostly anyway) and America is footing the bill for that research.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Our Canadian government limits the amount of obscene profits the drug companies can make here. We also have drug companies here that develop and market drugs. In Ontario, where I live, our Provincial government (and I suspect this is true across the country) pay for the drugs for our senior citizens and some others through our taxpayer subsidized health care system. The Federal government also subsidizes the Provincial health care budget. Since our governments pay for a significant share of the drugs sold in Canada, they obviously want to keep the cost down as much as possible. American and other foreign drug companies still ship their product to Canada, so they must be happy with the profit level they receive in Canada.

Also bear in mind that here in Canada, we pay obscene levels of taxation to pay for our health care system. If you folks south of the border can buy your drugs cheaper here than at home ... great. I don't see any down side to that and it may help lower our costs here, due to higher volumes.

There is a very strong effort from Washington to shut down the cross border trade in prescription drugs. I have read news statements from Governors of bordering states that they like the Canadian prices as they reap the benefit from these low prices from citizens that buy their drugs here and then are reimbursed from their state government.

Now I just wish they would do something about the price of oil ... but the fox is guarding the hen house on this issue. Bill Malcolm

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have bought Medication in Mexico (several years ago) that was the exact same thing as I bought in the US, except I got 3 months worth for the same price as I got a months worth for in the United States ... I will not buy anything from Mexico if I can help it being as I do not want to support their Government who gives out leaflets of how to get across the border into the States so they can invade us and pick our pockets and drain the social systems of the United States ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Free market = large 401K's..Keep it free and keep it growing wherever the plants are!

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.