1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FREE BEER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yes, as noted on the Alaska State shoot thread...we have FREE BEER.

I will personally buy every shooter at the shoot a beer IF the temperature doesn't hit 70 degrees at least once during the Alaska State Shoot, july 15-19 in Anchorage.

The gun club thermometer will be the SOLE determining factor of whether or not its 70 degrees. Its the same one I'm holding in the picture on the Alaska State Shoot thread....

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

"A" free beer? That seems a bit chinsy. How about all I can drink? (You had better have a bunch of money too).

Tron

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

LOL! Tron we have yet to run out of free beer at our shoot up here. We have a keg beer and then the light stuff on ice. This picture is a result of FREE BEER one night at 11:00 PM. You will have to ask Yukon about the story behind it.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=JimandJune.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

It took 6 drunk trapshooters a lot of thought ingenuity to make this happen.

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

Just a side note! THIS WAS NOT MY IDEA! I was already in trouble with June from our shoot in Fairbanks where we were unjustly blamed for moving all the lawn furniture to the roof of the club house. If you guys in Fairbanks have those pictures please send them to me for posting. I always get blamed for everything but that night my squad had a very legitimate excuse. We couldn't have climbed a ladder to save our souls.

5. BFE

BFE TS Member

If is's all the FREE BEER you can drink count 4 of us in from Utah and Nevada!!!

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Great picture otnot. I have a picture from 2006 of myself and Son fishing in northern (WAY Northern) Ontario at 10:00pm and I have sun glasses on. I'll see if I can't dig it up. Caught some great Northerns that week.

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

BFE like I said we have yet to run out of beer. But if you come up here you might want to stay away from the camp of the guys from Fairbanks. They mix a mean margarita and you won't walk away. I have to say the PITA state shoot in Fairbanks in June is fun as hell and I think this year is their 50th and a bunch of folks are coming up for it. Come on up all of you this is what trapshooting was meant to be. Barbeque's and beer every night.

8. BFE

BFE TS Member

otnot,the 4 of us have shot the state shoot many times!!
    Both the ATA and the PITA.Back when Cy Hoen did the cooking. And when Hank donated the fish!!

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well I may not be as good as cook as Cy but I bet ya you will have just as much fun.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

bfe...Jim's right. We've yet to run out of beer. We've come close to running out of targets and shells a couple times, but never beer And we have a good time with lots of fish to eat, steaks, beers, fun shoots.

Tron...Sigh. Alright. Just for YOU, if it doesn't hit 70 during the week, I'll buy everyone TWO free beers. What's it going to take to get your butt here to shoot with us????

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

You take a cruise up here for as cheap as $800. Of course you have to paddle part of the way to get that price. How about a moose steak to sweeten the pot? This one is hanging around just waiting to be taken.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Moose012.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

12. 1dudley

1dudley Member

Jeff - Look forward to meeting you and otnot. Not sure if I'm shooting but will be there during the state shoot. Not shipping my gun but may find one to use. See y'all in July.........Doug Lewis

13. otnot

otnot Active Member

Doug if you need a gun here is what I can offer you.
    TMX
    SuperX1
    Model 12
    Ithaca
    Parker

All with pull triggers. If that doesn't fit the bill I bet one of the other guys have something more to you liking.

Jim

14. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

The Alaska State Shoot is held the same week as the Western Zone?????

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yes, we're concurrent with the western zone...we're a zone site again this year. Last year we had three shooters win zone trophies. The scores get faxed back and forth to the main zone site, and shootoffs are handled the same way. Works pretty good, really.

Doug, I'm sure we can find a gun that might work for you. The club has some in their safe, and we can get 870s, 1100s, Berettas, we might even scare up a Ceaser Guerini for you.

We'll get everyone taken care of...bring your glasses and your earplugs and pack a vest, or I can loan you a pouch.

Jerry, you only get the free beer if it doesn't make 70 degrees during the shoot. If it does, you'll just have to settle for drinking our regular free beer.

16. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jack about the only thing I have seen floating around that even comes close to what you want is Yukonjack and it's usually Yukonjack222 that is passing it around.

17. 1dudley

1dudley Member

otnot - sounds great. Will contact you after I finalize flight arrangements.

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

=we do have several "single malt drinkers" at the club...Gerald Atol, Doug Rainwater, Steve Gould, Lori Wharton. Why they enjoy a cold ice cream drink while the rest of us drink beer has kinda escaped me.

Sometimes we have cigars. Maybe you could have one of those, and then, if we put the Yukon Jack in a glass, you'd think it was something good.

19. nipper

nipper TS Member

is this similar to before the election where a stock builder was giving away free work when mccain wins the election??

bill

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to make and effort to get up there. You guys just seem to have to much fun. It sounds like a trap shoot from the old days (when I started). Are you serious about a Moose steak? I've alway's wanted to try one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.