1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Free-almost-Jitterbug phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jon: I looked at Jitterbug, but believe the Net10 phone system is cheaper and I have yet to find poor reception in my travels. We spend the summer in Wisconsin. (4 months). In that time this phone is our only phone service. You purchase minutes as needed at $.10 a minute. You can buy cards at any WalMart in different amounts. (300-600-1000 minutes). You don't lose any minutes that you don't use. They just carry over. A new subscriber can get a phone for $30 which includes 300 minutes. This makes the phone free. We then purchase cards twice a year. 2000 minutes cost us $200. This works out to less than $17 per month. When we are back in Arkansas we rarely use it as we have a land line. I have yet to find a more reasonable plan that fits our needs. Ed

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The way I see it is the only advantage to the jitterbug seems to be that it is a totally no-nonsense phone with big numbers, and very few things to consider for us older (1/2 blind and threatening alzhiemers) folks that don't want to deal with so many choices or alleged "improved features." ....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.