1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fredric Douglass, the Republican Party.Excellent

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Apr 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Democrats are lying about their past and overwhelmingly winning minority voters, and a prominent black conservative says they will keep winning until conservatives learn how to win the propaganda war and champion the story of slave-turned-abolitionist Frederick Douglass as an outreach to black voters.

K. Carl Smith is a rising star among black conservatives. He recently addressed the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference and is author of “Frederick Douglass Republicans: The Movement to Re-Ignite America’s Passion for Liberty.” He told WND conservatives have the right message, but their approach to voters is deeply lacking.

“The Republican Party has done a horrendous job of talking about a message that unites people. They don’t talk about liberty enough, and that’s the all-encompassing message that you want to put out there. That’s not happening. It’s not being done in a very effective way,” Smith said.

“We’re so badly losing the propaganda battle. Whenever we try to express our conservative values, we have already been discredited, so our message falls on deaf ears. I contend that the No. 1 problem facing the GOP

Read more click above

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rik has the hic cups this morning. Bulge.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anyone notice how the new movie "Lincoln" is being all but ignored by the left? Usually they come out and champion a movie that has anything to do with slaves and freedom. You can hear the crickets chirping.

Why?

Because this movie shows a truth the left does not like. That the party that championed freedom for the slaves were the Republicans, and those who wanted to continue with slavery were the Democrats.

When we saw the movie we both thought Daniel Day Lewis had an Oscar sewn up, but now I'm wondering if politics will prevail and he will be passed over for an Oscar so as not to pump up the movie.

If you have not seen this movie, it's worth seeing. My wife and I watched it in the expensive theater. When it comes around to the cheap theater in town we plan on seeing it again and I'll definitely get it on DVD.

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes, I went to see the movie "Lincoln" and I agree, it was an honest portrayal of history. If the Democrats claim a 200 year history of supporting civil rights then they're a bunch of damn liars.

5. cyduster

cyduster TS Member

Do they have to do that to be declared a bunch of damned liars? Larry, Texas Citizen

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The time for the republican party to win the public relations war has come and gone. It is way too late for them to begin that endeavor now. They have been spineless and amoral, standing for nothing except getting elected. To give advice to the republican party at this point is a colossal waste of time. They didn't get it before and they're not going to get it now. The republican party needs to die and be thrown on the trash heap of history and be replaced by a party that would rather lose standing for what is right than attempt to win standing for nothing.

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

The average citizen doesn't know who Frederick Douglas is.The average citizen doesn't know Lincoln was a Republican.The average citizen doesn't know that is was the Republicans who passed the Civil Rights Act.Do you Know why they don't know these things.

1.They don't care.They get nothing out of knowing.

2.The school system doesn't teach them about Republican success stories.

3.The media doesn't report on anything having to do with Republicans helping the civil rights of minorities.

4.The republican Party is inept.

Darr

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"The republican Party is inept."</i>

Boy you sure hit the nail on the head there.

I'm not for adopting the tactic of the lie and the denigration methods used by the liberals, but, the GOP time and again will not stand up to the left believing they should behave like "gentlemen" while the left behaves like thugs.

The most refreshing thing I ever saw was when Rep. Joe Wilson called Obama a liar right there in Congress. Instead of shrugging their shoulders in a gesture of, "yeah, it's true, what do you want us to do about it?" or even having more flat out call him a liar, the browbeat Wilson into apologizing. Wilson had nothing to apologize for. Obama is a liar. Wilson told the truth. He dared to shout THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.