1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

fred thompson

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by valmet, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

anybody heard if he's still thinking of running? how was he as a senator in tennesee? opinions, good or bad. recent updates? thanks, dennis.

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

The starting bell for real candidates (read, "$$$") is about to ring...and I don't see him at the starting gate.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

He hasn't said anything yet.

On the news last night, the polls showed him at 15%. Putting him ahead of Newt and Romney.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

At this point in the presidential hopeful posturing, he hasn't said much. However, there a quite a few conservative broadcasters that are pushing the idea of a Fred Thompson run.....

From my standpoint, he is the only one I care for. The rest of the "hopefuls" aren't much and will ultimately lead to a democratic president. I wish it were not true and it's just my opinion.

Curt - Delaware

5. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I am so tired of "second-generation" and "professional" politicians proclaiming to "work for me". I'm calling BULL$HIT on all of them. When I look at some, I want to PUKE and others make me wonder why they are not incarcerated in jail rather than in congress!!! It is all about MONEY and POWER for them - NOT we peasants who vote for the 2-faced sons of bitche$ and gather to shake their hand!! JMHO The "Jeffersonian" approach was to 1.guard my shores, 2.deliver my mail, 3.stay out of my business. Thats my platform, and I'm sticking to it. LOL -- "If nominated, I will not run, and if elected, I will not serve" -- a quote from LBJ. (probably the only time he spoke the truth) Reagan and Thompson were/are both actors, but they "pale" when compared to "Willy" and "Hitlery"........merlyn..

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Sen. Thompson is a friend of McCain. I don't know what it will take to make him run against his friend. Perhaps if McCain falters and Thompson sees Rudy as the cadidate he will jump in. I just hope it isn't too late.

7. drunk_again

drunk_again TS Member

how does fred thompson think he can run this country when he couldnt even keep lori morgan satisfied.

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Lori Morgan must be a tough one to satisfy. Even Troy Aikman(?)(Cowboy's QB) couldn't do it.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Thompson would be a serious consideration. So would Hunter and Tancredo, but they are not in the Party Clique with huge war chest. Unless there is a mericle, it will be The Witch from Hell VS. the New York Liberal in the home stretch. Not a good prospect!

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Slide action,

Rudy is not a liberal. He may support some socially liberal policies such as abortion and gay rights but that does not make him a "liberal" - not by a long shot. I too would prefer a more Reagan-like conservative but I witnesssed first hand what Rudy did in New York following that fool Dinkins. Rudy started with an unbelievably bad situation and made New York "the greatest city in the world" in a matter of a few short years. He also destroyed the organzed crime stranglehold on the fish market and the private hauling business. He cleaned up Times Square and made it into a safe and attractice place by bringing in private investnment. It would be hard to criticize his accomplishments unless you were a liberal. And this was all pre 9/11.

I was speaking with one liberal and I mentioned Rudy's crackdown on the squeegee guys who used to decend on your car with a dirty rag or squeegee and threaten to break your windshield wiper or antenna if you didn't give them money. The liberal said she was disturbed because she didn't know what Rudy had done with them. Where were they now? Now THAT'S a liberal.

11. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I'm sorry , but I disagree. I think most people would say that being pro abortion, gay rights, and ANTI GUN makes you a liberal. He is CERTAINLY no friend of gun owners! He will not bring out the Conservative vote. I predict the Gunnies, Evangelicals, and died in the wool conservatives will NOT support him and he will probably lose. They will simply stay home on election day. I would vote for him ONLY as a lesser of two evils(as I think most of the conservatives who vote will do the same). I cannot for the life of me see why the Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot by running him. Yes he has done "some" good things when it comes to N.y. City, but he is and has always been ANTI GUN.

12. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Exactly right, Slide. Of course Rudy is the lesser of the two evils listed, and most folks on this forum will vote AGAINST Hillary (I hope) but we still wouldn't be doing ourselves any favors by getting Rudy into office. Maybe I'm an incurable optimist, but I still think there's time and a chance to get Fred Thompson on the ballot, and I'm doing what I can toward that end. I think he could take anybody who's announced, including The Witch, and do a fine job once in place.

13. mizzou

mizzou TS Member

Fred Thompson on defending our borders is probably the toughest of all the declared candidates..If he runs, he will get my vote, as the border is most crucial in my opinion. I am not one issue like Brian from Oregon, but I beieve in putting border control as top priority..Mizzou

14. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I agree with Slide, Rudy is a liberal . The guy is way to left wing for me to give him my vote.

15. oz

oz Active Member

rudy juliani is definitely anti-gun. oz

16. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

A friend of mine knows Fred very well from way way back many many years ago.He's says he is one of the finest man you will ever meet has more guts and balls than any other politician he nows.
    NSRAILROAD

17. warren

warren Member

Robert Novak said today that he is going to run. Sounds good to me. warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.