1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fred Thompson is OUT! Who do I vote for now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ertz, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ertz

Ertz Member

I know what you are saying. Voting is something I have done in every election since 1978. It is a priviledge and I think it is important. My greatest fear is a Hillary vs. Romney election. I will NOT vote for Hillary and I CAN'T vote for Mitt buddy for personal reasons, so what do do? I suppose I can vote some weird candidate, but if it comes to those choices I may not exercise my right to vote. How sad is that?

2. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I'm in the same boat as you. Donated to his cause but I think he made an error coming in so late. Except for Hucalbee the rest or the Republicans are Democrats in Republican clothing when it comes to gun issues. McCain is the worse as he also wants to legalize Illegals.
    Dan

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

Some talking heads say Thompson is out but Thompson hasn't said that is true. In fact he has said he will wait until Super Tuesday.

4. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

The talking head is Fred -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_on_el_pr/thompson

5. oz

oz Active Member

Huckabee or ron paul. oz

6. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Mitt Romney ... he's the only other somewhat conservative guy left.

Ron Paul is a lunatic
    John McCain is a liberal
    Mike Huckabee is insignificant
    Rudy who ???

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Fred is out and the Huxter is near out of money.

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mitts the man. Who else is there? McCains a RHINO.

9. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Mitt wears magic underwear. The fundygelicals will never vote for him.

Huckleberry thinks the earth is 6000 years old...and flat. Anyone with an IQ above 80 won't vote for him.

Giuliani is a sleaze bag, his own kids won't vote for him.

That leaves McCain.

10. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

And McCain is a liberal in a conservative suit! We're doomed, doomed I tell you!

11. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**And McCain is a liberal in a conservative suit! We're doomed, doomed I tell you!**

Can you say "Yassum, Mz. President"?

12. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Oh, I thought she'd insist that she be addressed as "Comrade Clinton".

13. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

It will not matter who you vote for on the Rep. side.
    The next president will be a DEMO.
    Mr. Bush you need to thank for this.

Bo

14. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

All the polls for a year have showed that McCain would beat Hillary. So whatcha gonna do now? Jake

15. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

This election is shaping up as one of the most unusual elections in recent memory as neither party has a clear front-runner at this time. Each party may go into their nominating convention without a candidate having a sufficient number of delegates to win the nomination. Either party may select a candidate that many members of the respective party do not like. If this happens, those members may stay home and not vote.

The current economic conditions may be a decisive factor. IMO, if the US economy slips into a significant recession, the current administration will take the blame.

The youth vote has always been a big question mark. Most voters tend to be 35 years old and older. If a candidate can awaken a good portion of the youth vote, strange things can happen.

2nd Amendment rights don’t seem to me to be an issue in this campaign. Much more attention is being paid to race, economic stimulation and the ability to change the government.

After the Republicans and Democrats have picked their candidates, you should vote for the nominee of your party. If you stay home, you have no vote.

No one candidate can possibly please everyone, as there are so many “single issue” voters.

All of these celebrity endorsements bother me. What makes a celebrity fit to endorse anybody?

Whatever you do, you should vote even if it is for the best of the worst.

The number one issue for me is national defense. If we are not safe at home, nothing else matters.

16. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Teach...if you will permit one exception to your post:

Do not automaticly vote for "the nominee of your party." Vote for the person best suited for the job. Regardless of party. If you limit yourself to the nominee of one party, you have given your vote to the politicos. They want you to lock-step and throw one lever. Do not let your vote be taken for granted. It may be the nominee of one party. It just might not.

17. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

School-Teacher,Good post.
    I agree with you 100%.

Bo

18. jmas

jmas TS Member

VOTE FOR ROSS PEROT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

jbbor,none of them are ANYTHING I desire.

20. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I thought Guiliani would be doing better than he is; but again another RINO.

In any event, as much as I cannot get excited to rally behind a "John McPain"
    or a "Mitt Phoney", or a "Mike Hike-a-fee", or Rudy "Guili-baloney" the goal is to keep Hillary or Barrack OUT.

One must remember - with the presidency there is also one third of the US SENATE at stake. The balance of power for ratifying treaties rests soley upon the US Senate. Remember that, the next time Rebecca Peters and the UN come to town for another gun burning ceremony to be followed by a "Programme of Action" re: small arms (translated: GLOBAL GUN BAN)

Also keep in mind - what JUDGES would a Republican appoint compared to a Clinton or Obama administration?

Also keep in mind - who would be appointed to head up AGENCIES like: BATF(E), the FBI, EPA, etc. What kind of left wing nut job do you think Hillary would install compared to any of the RINOs left on the Republican menu and what might we suppose would be the focus and direction of such agency leadership???

Also keep in mind - who would become ATTORNEY GENERAL? Can any of you imagine a Chuck Schumer, how about a Diane Feinstein "Mr.& Mrs. America - turn them ALL in" ???

Who would become Secretary of State? Who would become Chairman (or woman) of the Joint Chiefs of Staff? Sec. of Defense? Sec. of Commerce? Sec. of the TREASURY???

Can you imagine nut jobs like Nancy Pelosi, who almost succeeded in blowing up a sixty year alliance with Turkey over a non-binding resolution re-condeming Turkey for its role in the Armenian Massacre of nearly a century ago while under Ottoman Empire rule?

(She did this in the hopes that we would LOSE Turkey as a conduit and staging area for deployment in the Middle East and as an important strategic NATO ally to counter the increasing threat from the Russians as Putin swings the pendulum back toward autocracy).

Can you imagine what they would REALLY do if given the chance and the blessing of increased power and support from a Hillary or Barrack administration?

You really have to look past the "face men" and dig deep into the realities of the under-pinnings that will affect us more greatly than the PERCEIVED ideology of whatever figure head sits in the White House.

Voting third party will be a vote FOR the democrats and a vote AGAINST our gun rights, and other liberties as they continue to persue the course of eroding liberty for the false "security" that Ben Franklin warned us about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.