1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fred Thompson For Pre's.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

He has my vote and I hope he does run.

2. southpark

southpark TS Member

I won't knowingly vote for any liberal/neo fascist who craps on the Constitution, so Mr. Thompson could not earn my vote.

3. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

southpark:
    What are you referring to that I have missed regarding Fred Thompson?
    Ellen

4. Bullheaded on SKB

Bullheaded on SKB TS Member

If my memory serves me correct Fred Thompson owns the SKB 505 model.

Chet

5. southpark

southpark TS Member

Ellen, Fred Thompson was a co-sponsor of the infamous McCain-Feingold campaign finance "reform" bill.

Leaving the rich and a biased media to say what they want, this bill cut deeply into the common-Joe's ability to get together with others and voice their political wishes, concerns, criticisms, or even sometimes just clarifying the truth.

It remains a huge stab into the heart of the First Amendment.

If Thompson thinks he can throw out parts of the Constitution with complete disregard for the amendment process the people agreed to for changing the Constitution, I'm sure Mr. Thompson would be willing to alter any Constitutional provision if it suited him.

McCain-Feingold was a ploy to protect incumbants.

While to me Thompson seems like a disingenuous faker just playing to his audience, it could be that he's a really nice guy. Regardless, I don't want to count on benevolent dictators. For example, maybe the Patriot Act wasn't used to harrass regular Americans -- yet -- but let's wait and see what Hillary, here's illegally obtained FBI files of hundreds of my enemies under my desk, Rodam-Clinton does with the Patriot Act.

I'm not giving any more passes to republicans. If they want to do the right thing they won't get my vote, even if that means a democrat wins.

If this happens enough, eventually the republicans will wise up and fly straight. Until that time, why would they bother to change. Michael Medved is a great example of a republican apologist who gives them so many passes they will never change.

This latest amnesty bill is another huge republican sell out and should prompt all of you to withhold your republican senatorial votes. Remember, however, to show up and cast a ballot to let them know you were there, just don't vote for any republican incumbant (and don't vote for a dem either, they are worse, but I'm not playing "best of the worst" any longer.

If you don't believe we are being overrun by foreigners, please go to Los Angeles and tune to every station on the FM and AM dials and then try to say immigration is not changing the culture of America.

Good luck on making your voting decisions and don't be fooled.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I think you have to evaluate a candidate on more than a single issue, although I agree that McCain - Feingold is and important one in a negative sense. However, McCain should take the blame yet, he is campaigning as a conservative!

Thompson is more to the "right" than most but is not a conservative of the Reagan stripe. He is more of a politician and seems to look at the downstream ramifications of his vote rather than the purely idiological position.

Of the present top tier Republican candidate I believs that Romney is the most naturally conservative. In the second tier there are several I could easily vote for including Brownback, Huckabee, Hunter and Tancredo. Perhaps the best person for America would be Newt but he is probably not electable.

You have to look beyond the primary to see who could beat Hillary and while NcCain and Giulliani probably could, they would leave a lot to be desired from a conservative's viewpoint.

My advise would be to not judge any candidate on a single issue. Even Reagan had to compromise with the Dems to get his agenda enacted and we were all better off for it. Look at the end-goal and vote for what and who hepls us get there.

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

It doesn't matter, he'll will never get the $100MM to even be a serious competitor. Same for Tancredo. Sad but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.