1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fred Liberty from Maine has passed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by locdoc, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locdoc

locdoc Member

Received the following sad news today from Joe Hall. Fred had a heart attack nine or ten days ago and bypass surgery just last week. The following is c&p from his email to me.

Friends
    I am very sad to have to tell you that Fred passed away this morning around 2:30 AM. I will have details of the arrangements for you tomorrow.

Joe

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

So sorry to here about Fred. Over the years I had the opportunity of shooting with both he and his sidekick Cal, many times. He sure will be missed.

Ed Yanchok

3. RBur

RBur TS Member

I am very sorry to hear of Fred's passing. He helped me out a couple of times, when I was involved with the NYS ATA. He will be missed.

Ron Burdick

4. locdoc

locdoc Member

Joe Hall sent me (and others, I presume) the following.

Doug

All
    Follow this link to a copy of Fred's obituary if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.legacy.com/mainetoday-pressherald/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=86648067

The location, visiting hours and service time are at the bottom.

Joe

5. higun

higun Member

Doug

Thank you for posting this. February has been a very hard month for us here in Maine. We lost Wayne Strout on Valentine's day and then Clarence Carter a week later and now Fred.

Wayne was Maine's handicap Champ in 1980. Clarence was a fixture at the Scarborough club as well as a member of the trap committee and Fred was our delegate and ambassador. They all contributed much to the game.

Wayne, Fred and I attended our first Grand American together 25 years ago and we would still reminisce about it when we were together. They were all good men and we (I) will miss them greatly.

Life is precious - enjoy your friends while you have them.

Joe Hall

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

I wasn't aware of Wayne's and Clarence's passing. Thanks for the update. Truer words etc.,etc.

Doug

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very sorry to hear of Freds passing. My condolences to his family. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.