1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fred is in Iowa

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PAPAJAY, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAPAJAY

PAPAJAY TS Member

Waverly Democrat:

At Waverly Newspapers, Thompson talked about America’s place in the world and explained his reasons for running.

“We’re at a crossroads right now,” he said. “I think we have got to come to terms with our position in the world, for the 21st century. We know what our role has been since World War II, but it’s a different, more dangerous, more challenging, complex world than we’ve lived in before. We are facing an economic train wreck.”

“We are on a spending path that cannot be sustained in terms of our mandatory spending programs, as well as our discretionary spending comes with no restraint,” Thompson continued. “And we’ll be fine for awhile, but projections will show that we’re on an unsustainable path. Those are the things that are primarily on my mind. The unity of the American people is going to be required in order to deal with those challenges. That has to do with the kind of place our generation leaves to the next.

Reuters:

On the stump, Thompson has sharpened his message of lower taxes, limited government and a get-tough approach to illegal immigration, hoping to break through with Iowa’s sizable bloc of conservatives.

In Cedar Rapids, several voters said they did not care about Thompson’s late start or failure to commit early to a full-bore effort in Iowa.

“I don’t hold that against him at all. I don’t know why campaigns need to be so long,” said Julie Schmitt, a homemaker from Marion with four children.

“He looks presidential, and he has pretty decent oratorical skills,” she said. “He’s conservative on social issues and I think he could win a general election.”

JB Williams, The National Ledger:

Based on all the facts at hand, it is inconceivable that Thompson won’t experience a major surge over the next six to eight weeks, as the campaign field begins to thin and voters begin to look closely at the four major contenders.

In the end, a Two Man Race: I predict that the Republican race will ultimately narrow to only a two man race between Fred Thompson and Mitt Romney. Romney “looks” Presidential. But Thompson “is” Presidential. That’s not only my opinion, it’s a fact…

Romney calls himself a conservative, but Thompson is a conservative. This is also fact, not opinion. So, if conservatives are working to nominate the most Presidential conservative in the Republican race, Thompson is the likely winner. Can it happen? Thompson seems to be counting on it!

Watch Iowa closely…

The Sundries Shack:

I’m wondering if Roger Simon actually saw what he reported at all. If he did, he sure as heck didn’t write what happened. He wrote what he wanted to write, which coincidentally made Fred Thompson look really, really bad.

That’s the worst part of the story. The rest of it reads a whole lot like spin, or maybe just sour grapes, instead of actual news reporting. Perhaps Simon was peeved that Thompson’s people didn’t let him sit on on his meeting with the local newspaper editor. I would think, though, that Simon would have let his professionalism overcome his evident peevishness. At the very least he could have reported what happened instead of sticking his own opinion into the story and calling it news.

Riehl World View:

To start with, just to be clear - the Roger Simon at The Politico is not the Roger Simon of Pajamas Media. I knew that, want to make sure readers do, too. But I’ve found another curious report in this regard.

2. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Fred Who? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

4. PAPAJAY

PAPAJAY TS Member

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Fred...Fred...PUUULLLLEEEEZZZEEEEEE!!!!!

6. microbrew44

microbrew44 TS Member

Fred? Hahahhaahhaahahahahhhaaahhahaha!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.