1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraud problem on personal account

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

On 9/11/2009 we had a auto draft from HARRIS NA HELP ALS for $339+.

Sadly, we went to the bank and explained we have not donated to an ALS charity. ALS is Lou Gehrig's Disease.

The type of transaction is an auto draft, just like our utility bill auto drafts where we submitted a routing number and a bank account number to the electric company, etc. OMG, if that's all it takes, no wonder fraud is so prevelant. Our account that got nipped is not with Harris Bank although we do have a Harris account. We think this is coincidental.

We're in the process of closing the account. No money coming out, auto deposit happened at midnight. Will sweep remaining funds today. I've noticed there are pending transactions right now...

As we look back over our account acctivity, we think this could have come from anywhere. We have a few recent transactions on line - Pennys for some clothes, Apple I-Tunes, a belt for my daughter... An ex neighbor was visited by the police several months ago for identity theft... It's a big world out there.

I need to call the club where I wrote a check on Sunday and hold the check to DVerna for the shipping on his PFS stock he's letting me try.

Gr.

Anyone work fraud claims for a bank?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I had a checkbook stolen while at the Spring Grand in Tucson. It had my ATA card and other stuff too that had to be replaced.

The thief used the Bank account number to open up a prepaid credit card which he then used to pay some of his personal bills. He had my name and some company checks which had no info other than the account number on them. Somehow there were automatic withdrawals to this credit card from my account.

I saw the deductions on my bank statement. Immediately on calling the bank I had to go down and fill out papers on the fraud. I had to file a police report, and then the bank put the money back in my account. They then got the money back from the bank that had issued the fraudulent credit card.

This was around 400 bucks. I got every cent back once I jumped through the proper hoops.

The stupid thief had paid his cable bill and his name appeared on my bank statement. I have no knowledge of if and when Tucson police did anything to the jerk.

His name was Jesse Bradway if anyone wants to know. I don't know what he was doing at the Tucson club, (working traps or whatever) but the unlocked truck was our mistake.

Where we come from you don't have to lock your vehicle unless you are downtown or your vehicle is unattended for a long time.

So file your police report immediately and do what the bank requires. Good Luck.

HM

3. copper

copper Member

I purcased Life Lock but evan so when looking at a bank monthly statement a couple months back saw a flight 800.00 to ILL on my statement called bank right away was my debit Visa card number . my account credited back right away filed out papers was a wake up call. Dave

4. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

We had a fraud situation with the bank. Someone actually had multiple different checks made with our checking account number and used them. In addition, they did a wire transfer. The bank was very understanding and helpful. We closed the account and switched all bills to automatic debit. Much safer. No telling who handles our checks from the time they hit the post office. :) Kim

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I had a big charge on my phone bill from a collect call that happened while I was away at work. It was something Telecon (I mean Telecom).

I called them and they fell all over themselves crediting my account.

READ YOUR BANK AND CREDIT CARD STATEMENT, AND UTILITY BILLS.

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't leave checks in my mailbox. I use online bill pay through my bank (a privately-owned local bank), or I pay by phone.

That doesn't stop a restaurant worker from recording your credit card info, though, including the 3 digit security number on the back. You do have to be diligent about checking your account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
als harris payment
harrahs na help als
harris na and help als

harris na help als

harris na help als ach
help als harris
help als harris na
what is harris na help als