1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

FRAUD ALERT: GunsAmerica Krieghoffs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Do not buy any guns from the seller "Myshotguns" or anything from the website http://www.myshotguns.com/ This seller setup a website using an old edition of Larry Woo's (800shotgun.com) website. He has many high grade krieghoffs listed for 1/2 to 1/3 of their real value. Some of the pics you click on will even take you to 800shotgun.com. I've already alerted Larry and Gunsamerica, not sure if theres anyone else i should contact.

2. Hooked

Hooked Member

Had a look at the site, and I agree that this is a scam. The guy says his dad passed away 2 years ago and 2 of the guns listed were K-80 Super Standard grades. As far as I know, that pattern didn't exist 2 years ago (and I think the Trap Special may have JUST come out about then).

3. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I offered to buy one of the guns for a grand over the asking price. The catch was to send me the gun first and then I'll pay up. It was "sorry, that gun has been sold".

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Skeet man- Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully nobody gets burned by this guy. I just tried his website and couldn't get it open. Were you able to open the website?

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The registration information for the domain name "Myshotguns.com" from a DNS Lookup through Whois.com at http://www.dnsstuff.com/

<center>[​IMG]</img></center>

Googling the "Myshotguns.com" domain name brings up the "GunsAmerica web site".

6. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Captain Morgan,

How did you get that info. That is a handy tool to have if you suspect a site is perhaps fraudulent.

john

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"How did you get that info."

Log on to the web site address I put in the links box above and enter the domain name ("Myshotguns.com" in this case) in the "WHOIS Lookup" text window. The return will reveal who or what registered (created) the domain name but not who is using it. In this case, there is no IP number displayed for the suspicious web site; the cell phone number listed on it is traced as an unlisted land line in Chula Vista, CA

8. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

I'm going for the 2 Rizzini's for $100,000

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Just got my GA list for the day and it is still on there. BEWARE!!!!! Jeff

10. victoria K

victoria K Member

I right clicked on the photo and then scrolled down to properties (CLICK)
    go to the URL address and there is where the photo is from

http://www.adaproducts.com

click on ABOUT US and there it is, it lists a phone # Call 1-877 2-Adapt-4-U (1-877-223-2784) for additional information.
    I just wonder if they will know anything about this guy.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

He wants face to face sales, someone should take him up on it.

Anyone going to Vegas?

HM

12. halfmile

The ADA Products website has description by the photo and a story about someone's father and how his purchase helps his life.

The gun seller says his father died 2 years ago.

Photo obviously just lifted and used for effect.

HM

13. newcastle

newcastle Member

He has one on E-gun list also, a k32 4 barrel skeet combo with gold inlay for 1100.00, wants a wire transfer for payment, anybody live down by Orlando FL. I could supply name and address that he gave for transfer but don't know if local law enforcement can do anything.

14. halfmile

From Las Vegas to Chula Vista to Orlando. Pretty creative. And stupid. I hope he gets in my area. I have a couple biker pals that need some exercise.

HM

15. newcastle

newcastle Member

This is what he sent me and wanted western union payment, also said tulsa OK. in his profile. Seller Info
    Brian Largent

825 Courtland St, Orlando,FL 32804

Email: alltradepul@gmail.com

16. newcastle

newcastle Member

This is also his reply when I suggested bringing it to a local dealer for transfer. I'm not sure what it all means but its pretty obvious he's not legitimate nor very smart. I'm not giving the gun to anybody before I see the money. make the transfer in one of your friend name, show me the copy of the transfer, and than I can give the gun yo whoever you want. After you will inspect the gun you change the name in my name and that's all.

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

bump for honest people

18. break25

break25 TS Member

THANKS FOR THE TIP

CHAZZ

19. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Site Temporarily Disabled
    This site has been temporarily disabled. If you are the owner of the site, please contact customer care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20. newcastle

newcastle Member

Jon, That could be, I think the place to look would a western union agency and see who opened account under one I listed, I'm not sure they could tell you though. He still has gun listed on this site. http://www.e-gun.net/account.php K32 4 barrel set $1100.00 . that would be some buy if it was legitimate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.