1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frankfort Spt.Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Palos shooter, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

[​IMG]

Maybe a beter picture of the flood damage at the Frankfort Sportsman Club

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Jack I don't think it's from the Des Plaines, it isn''t anywhere near the DP. There is a small creek next to Frankfort I think that is what did it. Altho about 7 miles east of the club was the highest amount of rainfall in our area for the weekend. I had to travel down to Bloomington yesterday and I saw a lot of farmhouses under water that were located next to creeks. They just overflowed and swamped the houses! Somebody lost a 24' pontoon boat and it ended up below the dam in town in the ripcurrent. Lotsa water... How did you do, did the water from the Ike make it up there? Rick Gibbs

3. arnie2

arnie2 TS Member

Hopefully Frankfort will recover quickly.

Rick,

I saw that the Illinois River may still be rising and parts of Morris are flooding. How does DGSC look? Any flooding?

Arnie

4. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Arnie, I was over at the club today and it is ok. There is some wetness between the posts on the fields. The Grundy County HCP will go on. It is supposed to be 81 degrees that day and clear.
    I was worried a bit on the way over as I saw a apartment complex with cars submergeed up to the windows in the parking lot. Pinebluff road and rte 47 was under 2 feet of water, I had to detour around it!
    But the traphouses are dry, and we have a full load of targets so the show will go on. Rick Gibbs

5. arnie2

arnie2 TS Member

Rick, thanks for the good news.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.