1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frank Hoppe

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Do any of you know what was Frank's hometown club? Thanks.

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

from the funeral home obituary posted in another thread on this forum.

"Frank Henry Hoppe was born in Columbus [Nebraska] on November 20, 1942, to Fred "Fritz" and Peg (Tooley) Hoppe. "

3. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Thanks, Hammer. I was actually curious about what was the club he shot at the most.

4. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You could look out his front window of his house and view the trap range that he shot league at. I reclaimed the lead on that range 2 years ago. Not that it was where he shot the most at because he usually traveled a lot. Don't quote me as I don't know for sure. I believe that it was Newman Gun Range. 4 traps And pistol and rifle range. Just on the outskirts of Columbus Nebraska. If I am wrong about the name of the range I will repost. They held aome registered shoots years ago but not in the last 10 years or so.Terry

And actually Frank and his brother had their own private trap field a few miles away by where they hunted many ducks.

5. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Don Newman is the owner of the trap club, it within walking distance of
    Franks home and was also the site of the tapes and CD's, that frank made. The Private field was Fred Hoppe's and was about 4 miles NW of the duck blind. Frank always said I don't shoot pratice, I shoot ATA, he did how ever shoot over there, but for the most part he was on the road durning the summer, teaching and shooting, he was a hard guy to catch at home............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.