1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frank Hoppe "On-Stage"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAtrap, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Frank Hoppe

MIA, I spent quite a bit of time talking to Frank at the Nebraska state shoot.He never shot an event because of a back injury. I did shoot with his daughter, Tracy, though. He was standing straighter by Sun. and feeling better.

I have known and used to shoot with Frank years ago. He can be a hoot. Hope he shared some of his more humorous shooting experiences with you. Have a feeling you weren't disappointed with the clinic. He has a way of making a point by asking some pretty simple obvious questions__doesn't he?

Good shooting,
    Steve

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Frank Hoppe

Frank does have some funny stories. My favorite is the one about the 2 foreign guys banging the butt stock of the gun on the ground to reset, but he has to tell it. I do like chatting with him.

I've gotten advice from Frank, but I've never taken a clinic. I hear he is really good.

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Frank Hoppe

MIA, at least you have confidence in your gun. The quick move will be ok if it's smooth. Remember there is always one way you can hit the lewis. Break'um all. Good shooting--Steve

Devi, how you been? I have a story I'd like to tell that Frank told me a couple wks. ago, but I wouldn't do it justice. Next time you see him, ask him about when he was shooting in Arizona and the puller (Then) about the oh-oh and one about slower.

You are right about Frank giving advice freely. I asked him a question the other day about my HDC and he took about 20min. of his time to give me some helpful advice. Great friend and an excellent shooter.

Take care and good shooting.

Steve Elliott

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Frank Hoppe

MIA - You still using a flat-shooting gun or did you hike up the comb?

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Frank Hoppe

Hey Steve, aside from some horrific headaches lately, I'm physically fine. Are you coming to the Grand?

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Frank Hoppe

Devi, sorry to hear about the headaches. Hope things get better soon. Can't be good when the gun goes off.

Was hoping to make it to the Grand, but my son's unit is getting called up the first of Sept. most likely for their second trip to Iraq. Having a send off the middle of August. Will see what happens.

Hope your shooting well. I talked to PK at the KS and NE state shoot. I wanted to go out to WY and shoot with Ikey, but things didn't work out.

Take care
    YF, Steve

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Frank Hoppe

I met Frank Hoppe approximately 7 years ago through his cousin and my shooting buddy Tom Hoppe. Frank, is one of the finest shooters and gentleman in our sport. I took a Frank Hoppe clinic a few years ago and was very happy with the class. Franks philosophy on trapshooting in general is that of the classic trapshooter but one who is willing to make individual changes based on gun, body type, shooters ability etc. I venture to say their are few that tell better stories or jokes on trapline than Frank Hoppe. If you haven't heard the Bear and or the Duck story you need to ask. They are a hoot!

Rick Brohmer

8. Quick Shot

Quick Shot TS Member

Frank Hoppe

Hey Jack, thanks for the kind words. You too, Rick. Good to see you at NE state shoot. Jack, I didn't know you were even taking pictures.
    Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

frank hoppe shooting style