1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Frank Hoppe Clinic - What to Expect

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike G, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

Anyone on here ever taken one of Frank's clinics? What was your experience both pros and cons? Would you do again/ Thanks for any and all responses.

Mike

2. antique

antique TS Member

Gentlemen Frank Hoppe is one of the best teacher if not the best out there.he has put more shooters on the all american team than anybody. Jim Burk

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I have had Frank in Georgetown, In. for the last three years to give his clinic. This year will be number four. This will also be the fourth time I have taken his clinic. In my opinion Frank is an outstanding teacher. I would highly suggest that anyone wanting to improve their scores and learn about the little things it takes to become a better shooter take his clinic. The day starts out with about a hour of discussion the the rest of the day you are shooting targets and getting instruction while on the shooting line. Frank thinks that shooting targets is the best way to learn, not sitting in a classroom. At times we have shot as many as 4-5 hundred targets in a day. Frank will stay until every shooter is satisfied. If you want to know exactly what he does in his clinics please give me a call. Roland King 812/967-2050.

4. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Another school brought him to Memphis this weekend. Wish I could have gotten in on it as an adult but didn't know about it in time. One of my kids did though and when I saw them yesterday what Roland King says happens is what my athlete told me had happened. I like Frank's 1 day approach. Some other famous trap shooters are also coming to Memphis but they do 3 day clinics which require me to take off of work to attend.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Frank noticed my problem right away. I was leaning back instead of slightly forward on that front foot. Every time I missed a target Frank came over and gently moved me to the correct position over that front foot. Every time he did this I could feel a small difference in my center of balance. He also explained why - forward and you get a nice shallow dish into the target. Back and you tend to loop up and over and miss to the outside. Hah! You want to pivot on a line from the top of your head thru that front foot. It doesn't take much of a shift to get there.

I told my neighbor about this and he began shooting in the upper 90s. He didn't even attend the clinic.

A couple of other guys in our club took the clinic and we wrote up an article for our newsletter. I don't recall ANY negative comments. There's a DVD for follow up / refresher work. I emailed Frank with specific questions later and he was always instructive and a nice guy - easy to talk to.

"he has put more shooters on the all american team than anybody"

What a great way to start the shooting season!

Joe

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

I drove from Pittsburgh Pa to take his clinic @ tuscarora gun club in Md. It was well worth the 3 1/2 hour drive. He is very personal with every shooter.The key is to take notes on all the info. I alway go back to them before big shoots.Gets me in the right frame of mind....Ziggy

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If you get Frank's video, a lot of the stuff he covers in his clinic is also covered there.

But the one thing you don't get with the video that you do get with the clinic is an expert looking at you, watching you shoot, and being able to see what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong, and being able to correct it then and there.

I enjoyed Frank's clinic, and watch the video on occasion to remind myself of what he taught.

FYI, Powder Creek Shooting Park in Lenexa, KS is hosting a Frank Hoppe clinic the weekend of 10-11 May.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone ever watch frank hoppe shoot