1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Franchi shootguns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

In an effort to help a friend on a budget find a O/U shot gun, I have an opportunity to look at a Franchi O/U at the club tomorrow.

I know nothing about a Franchi...but this one has a case, is supposedly about like new and is priced at $800.

I won't know the model or series till tomorrow...but thought I would do a little fishing as to whether or not they were much of a gun...and if repairs etc. are difficult to have done.

Any comments on these guns would be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards..Stan Mayfield

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Franchi has been around for quite a while and some of them look nice but if it's intended for use as a target shotgun, do your friend a huge favor and tell him to forget Franchi. They simply are not durable enough for clay shooting and their barrels are not regulated as accurately as a typical Browning or Beretta O/U.

-Gary

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We used to sell some Franchis. Had more trouble with them than they were worth. If you have to have a low price used ou, look at SKB.

4. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

One of the best values in an inexpensive O/U is the CZ Redhead Target. We have at least four that are shooting them at our club and I have not seen or heard of any issues.

SW

5. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Shootgun...lol.

Type-o for sure, but may fit the gun from the replies posted...heh heh!

Thanks for the help guys...guess I better look around a little more...

Best regards...Stan

6. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Look for a nice SKB!!

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

I owned and shot a 2005 combo.. a 2004 single.. and 2 O/U - 2003's

One of the 2003's I put over 100,000 threw without a single breakdown. I did replace the main springs a couple of times just because they got tired. I truely wish I had that gun back.. I broke great doubles with it.

If the gun is tight and operates .. I would buy it !!

Jerry B

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The Franchi O/Us of today are not like the O/Us of yester-year. I've patterned a few for some local shooters and your lucky both barrels are within 6" of each other besides shooting on the POA.

Fo a couple of hundred dollars more you should be able to find a nice used Citori field gun.

9. warren

warren Member

I agree with all of the above and would add that there's nothing wrong with a Winchester 101 you can get those at a reasonable price too.

warren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.